X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrisnj
    • Feb 2005

Prazi SD300

Has anyone dissassembled one of these? I bought an old possibly shoddy one on eBay about 6 months ago. Kind of skanky, at the least needs a real good cleaning. Seems the *ways* should be easy enough to replace - just a length of polished shafting with the top milled off (assuming I really need to go that far). But if I did break it all down, would realigning everything properly be a great big deal?
  • aostling
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Chrisnj
    Seems the *ways* should be easy enough to replace - just a length of polished shafting with the top milled off (assuming I really need to go that far). But if I did break it all down, would realigning everything properly be a great big deal?
    Lathes Archives has no record of this machine. The Prazimat http://www.lathes.co.uk/hobbymat/page3.html is a highly desirable machine (with power cross-feed).

Can you send a photo? I'm sure lots of us would like to see what it looks like.
    Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

• matador
      • Jul 2003

I used to have a chinese copy of it.If you take the headstock off,then you will have to realign it to the bed.Therefore I would not recommend this unless it's absolutely necessary.
      Hans

Comment

• Tin Falcon
        • May 2004

the polished shaft design sounds more like a old Unimat. Those could be configured as a late or a mill. Yes a pic could be helpfull
        Tin
        Ad maiorem dei gloriam - Ad vitam paramus

Comment

• stuntrunt
          • Aug 2005

Sounds like it's one of these...
          Lathes branded Hobbymat, Farmer Kober, Al-Ko, Prazimat, Proxxon, Saupe & Sohn, Sliven and Variant

I have one of those... somewhere...
          They're actually quite good if you take light enough cuts... My drivetraincover rattles really hard but thats the only thing against it.
          When taking deeper cuts it can be tricky to release the clutch... so order a lot of those little shear-pins for the powerfeedscrew.
          Oh and tru to replace some of those handwheels so you can spare your knuckles and your wrist and elbow...

Comment

• Frank K
            • Feb 2007

The Prazi SD300 is still in current production. Their two US distributors are:

Benchtop Milling Machines GBM5 Benchtop Lathes Custom Solutions Software https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXdSNPzj-dEOur Products and ServicesBenchtop CNC

Comment

• Chrisnj
              • Feb 2005

what about those crescent shaped *gibs* beneath the carriage and tailstock. Are they meant to be removed? Seems obvious that they should be, but it's not immediately apparent how that can be done.

Comment

• K5JBB
                • Jan 2009

Mine is called a Hobbymat although it says "Prazi" on the front. The manual says MD65 and the mill is a BFE65. I can email you a pdf of both manuals if you want.

Comment

Working...
                X