PDA

View Full Version : Ever drink brake fluid?

darryl
06-26-2007, 02:09 AM
I happened to read the ingredients on a bottle of SoBe coconut flavored drink last night. One of the ingredients is dimethylpolysiloxane. Silicone brake flluid, if I'm not mistaken. Yummy.

My thumb was itchy today. Upon inspection, I find that another thumb has sprouted alongside the original. I wonder if there's a connection-

Swarf&Sparks
06-26-2007, 02:39 AM
Maybe that's why I'm "all thumbs"!

Evan
06-26-2007, 03:10 AM
Dimethylpolysiloxane is pretty inert stuff. It has numerous uses including hand lotions and various beauty enhancement products.

One example:

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/bb0.jpg

:eek:

There is however one study that shows a significant correlation between the use of silicone oil as a breast "enhancement" product and the increased incidence of fibromyalgia in women. Perhaps not coincidentally I spent 23 years working with machines using silicone oil and was exposed on a nearly daily basis.

PTSideshow
06-26-2007, 05:20 AM
So, Evan is that what happened to you. Your new picture is some much better than the last one you posted!:D

Alistair Hosie
06-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Evan I don't believe you could fall flat on your face if you tried nice hat though:DAlistair

Evan
06-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Stop it guys, I'm trying to be serious here! :p

Really, there are some possible long term effects on health and I don't mean chronic backache either. The current system allows us to dip a few rabbits and mice in the stuff and if they don't expire in a few days and their young don't grow a third eye the substance is declared safe. What we really need is a law that requires the CEO of the chemical company to test it on himself for a while.

I am especially concerned about transgenic foods. That entire field has a lot of potential to turn around and bite us on the ass hard some day. There are no applicable precedents to make sound judgements of safety possible. One thing I do know is that it isn't safe to try and fool Mother Nature. You tend to come up hard against the law of unintended consesquences.

PTSideshow
06-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Sorry Evan couldn't pass that one up. But you are right about the the food thing. Just look at the size of the kids and teenagers today and I don't believe its all from video and computers. As when I worked in a urban public school system 30 plus years. A lot of them had neither. I think its the hormones that were placed in the feed for the quick weight build up as a result of the more bang for the buck fast food industry. A lot of the kids didn't know what home cooked meal was. Other than a box of cereal and milk,powdered,canned or carton. Some would be dropped off at school with a fast food bag for breakfast and lunch.
I thing we are just about to see all kind of things with the health issues from food and the additives used for creamy, smoothness tart, sweet, sour tastes. And to keep them together in cooking, packing and sitting on the shelf.
Now they are talking about adult onset allergies, along with other things that we didn't know about 30 years ago.
Its like the old saw about I like hot dogs but you wouldn't wana watch them being made.
Having worked on a turkey lot, and having to shot them with medicine and dip their *ss in latex paint to keep track of who had the shot. Because two shots would kill them. And it was because somebody was in the houses with the flu. two buildings with 5,000 toms and 5,000 hens. you keep them separate because the thanksgiving varieties look the same other than to a pro sexer. Like a big chicken, on steroids. Which they were LOL come to think of it.:D

A.K. Boomer
06-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Silicone breast implants that leak are linked to many many serious illnesses, including cancer and FM. Iv seen girls that look so out of proportion that they actually look comical, I would trade firm for big anyday...

speedsport
06-26-2007, 09:03 AM
hey Boomer, that sounds like something your SO woud say.

A.K. Boomer
06-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Iv always been a Leg guy anyways, to me thats where the action is:p

Iv got a little foot fettish thing going on too but thats a whole nuther topic...

A.K. Boomer
06-26-2007, 10:00 AM
This is a funny story, there was a girl at the supermarket, she was in line ahead of me, it was summer and she was wearing sandals, I could not help but notice her feet --- they were perfect, so beautiful, and all painted up and eye catching, with wonderful structure, just a sight to behold, I could not contain myself and had to tell her, at first she was kind of taken aback, then she seen I was sincere and had a real apreciation for them, it quickly turned to flattery and she thanked me for the complement, on the way home I noticed she got in her car and was ahead of me, Turn after turn she kept going to where I had to go to get home, I live in a small town but we are aproaching astronomical odds, The odds increase to a ridiculous level and then she not only turns on my street, she stops on the same block and turns into a drive just three doors down on the opopsite side, All I wanted to do was roll down my window and tell her "what are the odds" and then tell her where I lived, but at first it seemed that she was reluctant to get out of her car, then she did and through my window I said what I wanted to say, she sighed a big relief and said --- "thank god --- I thought you were stalking me for my feet!" we both laughed and it was then that I noticed the ring on her finger -------- Oooops..........

pcarpenter
06-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Dear Penthouse....I never thought this would happen to me, but one day I was in line at the supermarket:D

Sorry...just couldn't resist

Paul

hitnmiss
06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I too have a foot fetish. The meter is too akward!

BillB
06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Dunno about brake fluid, but I once had an employee whose intoxicant of choice was carburator cleaner....

BillB

ckelloug
06-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Polysiloxane is used a a coupling agent to get epoxy to stick to things among other applications. I just ordered a liter of samples of an epoxide siloxane from DOW Corning today. In the cured state it isn't too horrible but in the raw state it evolves methyl alcohol vapors when it hydrates.

--Cameron

ttok
06-26-2007, 07:40 PM
You guys are really going to like Chinese food, toothpaste and medicines! A.T.

cybor462
06-27-2007, 01:35 AM
Iv always been a Leg guy anyways, to me thats where the action is:p

Iv got a little foot fetish thing going on too but thats a whole nuther topic...

I hope the law from here does not read this board. We have a local that is going round raping women and girls and then sucks their feet after he is done.:eek:
Was on the news for the last few days....hmmmmm where were you around this time a few days ago?:rolleyes:

Carl
06-27-2007, 01:40 AM
...I used to think women were perfect...until I saw their feet...YIKES...DOUBLE YIKES!

cybor462
06-27-2007, 01:48 AM
Some have well...butt ugly feet and some have real nice smooth ...oh I better watch out, they will be knocking on my door soon.:)

But we all know that their feet do not mean much except for driving!:eek:

A.K. Boomer
06-27-2007, 08:48 AM
I hope the law from here does not read this board. We have a local that is going round raping women and girls and then sucks their feet after he is done.:eek:
Was on the news for the last few days....hmmmmm where were you around this time a few days ago?:rolleyes:

Not a toe sucker, just appreciate a good foot, thier very underated, if A woman takes care of her feet she is most likely taking good care of allot of other things, they can totally make or break the deal (for me anyways) Like Carl says "Yikes" if there not good looking --- But Wow if they are, they cover the entire range from about the most ugliest thing on the planet to the most beautiful, That girl at the supermarket was about three years ago, she had an ankle bracelet on her left ankle, it was a slender silver chain with a dolphin, she had an aztec pattern designed toe ring on her next to smallest toe on same foot, She had a flawless french pedicure, she was wearing a petite size pair of berkenstocks, She was right up there in the top ten best that iv ever seen, I would have climbed a mountain just to have seen those dogs out of thier sandals but even though they were still in garb i could tell that her bone structure was superb and could also tell she had a very good arch... There is no way i could comprehend somebody (male or female) looking at a set of feet like hers and thinking they were in some way tough to look at, It doesnt always have to be a sexual thing, They were just a site to behold... I think the checkout lady asked me three times if i wanted paper or plastic:o And that was after she had alreadly left...

Craig Foster
06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm not judging anyone or anything like that, but this is just way too weird...