PDA

View Full Version : Most recent tool or machine

darryl
04-24-2003, 10:54 PM
My most recent tool is a right-angle drive assy that clamps to the mill. Home made, uses gears from a trashed angle grinder, output spindle runs faster than mill spindle. Will take 3/8 dia shanks, smaller with appropriate collet. This is my solution for slotting narrow kerfs where an endmill would be too fragile. I'm so close now to being able to cut the fret slots in the fingerboard of the folding guitar.

jfsmith
04-24-2003, 11:41 PM
My most recent thing is a holder for a multi knurl tool for my 7 x 10 inch lathe. I haven't figured out a height adustment yet, it won't be ciagrette butts or other junk. Maybe a cam.

Jerry

halfnut
04-26-2003, 03:47 AM
Hey, I'm proud of my new old plow I mounted up for my 8N Ford. It's plowed a couple of gardens now.

Only thing I've gotten built for the shop lately is a BXA size toolblock to take 1" shank tools. Have another block sized up ready for the dovetail, it will be for 3/4".

Grass is growing, summer will soon be upon me, many things to do. Got a place made in the shop wall for an AC unit, need to get it in.

John Stevenson
04-26-2003, 05:23 AM
Just bought a Bridgeport slotting head and a right angle drive attachment with arbor an support from a firm packing in.
Stripped the right angle drive last night as it was clunky in one position but other than bad lube and worn keys it's in nice shape.
Got it back together and ran it on my Bridgy and it's fine.
Got to get a plug on the slotter this weekend and check that out. I may swap the motor on the sloter to a single phase one as it will have a better channce of selling.

John S.

G.A. Ewen
04-26-2003, 10:05 PM
Just received a 4"- 4 jaw chuck purchased on Ebay (going to try building a small lathe from scratch) also got a Starett point micrometer. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

Dave Opincarne
04-27-2003, 04:04 PM
My most recent project was to scrape the sole of my housmate's #7 Stanley jointer. Second most recent was to turn a driver to remove the cam shaft bearings in the small block 350 I'm sloooooowly rebuilding http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//frown.gif

-Dave

dvk
04-27-2003, 09:57 PM
most recent project (tool), is a small tool post holder for attaching my dremel flex shaft onto to do sensitive drilling on the sides of a work piece held in the lathe.

Dave...

wierdscience
04-27-2003, 10:10 PM
My most recent project is a bolt and nut washer/cleaner of sorts after the third tractor engine doing it by hand sucks!Most recent addition to my shop is a couple of sine bars.

dnsbss
04-27-2003, 10:37 PM
I recently picked up a Southbend G26T,13x36 lathe made in 1995 with parts for an Emco 12x36 lathe, both in rough shape for $250,also was donated a Jet vertical mill,a Clausing lathe and tomorrow will pickup a Chinese 13x40 110v lathe that needs a gear in the apron made and foreward and reverse switches replaced. I am out of room! can't handle any more deals on machines. Also picked 4 dial indicators that read in tenths for a song

darryl
04-28-2003, 12:40 AM
dnsbss, I'm curious, what song did you sing to get all that stuff?

Dr. Rob
04-28-2003, 04:00 AM
dvk, I'd be interested to see how that turns out. I wanted to do it also, but no longer recall what for.

Bill Cook
04-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Working on a radius cutter for the lathe.
Hope it proves to be handy - Like to think that I will add curves to my work if I can do so easily.

bc

dvk
04-28-2003, 07:38 PM
I also made a small aluminum self centering vice, made out of aluminum.

[This message has been edited by dvk (edited 05-02-2003).]