PDA

View Full Version : Luck in Flooding

TGTool
06-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Well this is my driveway this morning. We were planning on leaving early for a trip but there's been a slight delay for Mother Nature's skirts out in the road. We're fortunate so far, and haven't shipped any water aboard so I'm not complaining. The next door neighbors aren't so fortunate. Just this week they finished the cleaning, painting and new carpet from a flood a month ago. Now she's done it again. This is Oklahoma, which has been luckier that Texas right now.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/TGTool/June292007-1.jpg

lsloth
06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Well this is my driveway this morning. We were planning on leaving early for a trip but there's been a slight delay for Mother Nature's skirts out in the road. We're fortunate so far, and haven't shipped any water aboard so I'm not complaining. The next door neighbors aren't so fortunate. Just this week they finished the cleaning, painting and new carpet from a flood a month ago. Now she's done it again. This is Oklahoma, which has been more luckier that Texas right now.

Where in Oklahoma? I am in Beggs, Ok. Not alot of flooding here yet but they are saying Deep Fork River is going to crest in a couple of days.
-James

TGTool
06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Where in Oklahoma? I am in Beggs, Ok. Not alot of flooding here yet but they are saying Deep Fork River is going to crest in a couple of days.
-James

James,

Stillwater. The Cimarron is expected to crest about 3 1/2 feet above flood stage tomorrow night just south of here.

On the upside, I collected some nice chanterelles from the yard yesterday between showers.

Uh oh. Sprinkling again.