PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly DRO Instructions

BigBoy1
07-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Has anyone successfully translated the Grizzly DRO instructions into USABLE English? The are written in English but they sure don't "say" what is meant.

I have been trying to use some of the features on the Grizzly DRO such as radius cutting and linear hole drilling.

I was finally succeccful in getting the linear hole drilling feature to work. One small detail they do NOT mention is the when you input the overall length of the series of holes to be drilled is that it MUST in millimeters! After inputting the data to drill a series of 10 hole spanning 5 inches, the steps size displayed for the movement of the table was in the thousands of an inch! I redid it a second time thinking that I made a error inputting the data. Same answer again. After a few more attempts and getting the same results, I tired converting the hole span to millimters and low and behold the displayed DRO steps were in tenths of a inch. I tried it again inputting the span in inches and pushing the button to change from metric to inches but that had no affect. The number input for the hole span HAD to be in millimeters to make the routine work.

I have not been able to decode the instructions for the radius cutting features of the DRO. Perhaps I can not follow Oriential logic because they jump between the two axis and three axis readout in the middle of the instruction. The "zero, zero origin" is listed as the corner in one instruction set and in the next set is is listed as the center of the radius. Cutter compension is suppose to be a feature but I haven't been successful in getting it to work.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to use the instructions to get the features to work. I have spent many hours trying to get the radius features to work and still do not have it working. I was very lucky to try use scrap pieces for the initial cuts. The impression the manual give is that these features a very easy to use.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

gearhead
07-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Other than the instructions, are you satisfied with the DRO. I was thinking about gettin one.

platypus2020
07-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Monday morning, call the Grizzly tech support line, they are very good and getting their stuff running. Everytime I called them, they had the correct answer and quickly. The only time I didn't get an immediate answer, they called back within a hour.

jack