PDA

View Full Version : Info on TOS BRH20A Surface grinder reqd

Yow Ling
07-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I recently bought an old but nice TOS BRH20A surface grinder, it came with a few manuals but no electrical wiring diagram. I have connected most of the wires into their respective terminal blocks but there is a cable from the auto down feed that I cant find a home for. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this machine . The machine is from the 70s I would guess and has just electrical and hydraulic systems (not CNC)
Thanks

oldtiffie
07-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Deleted/edited-out

Yow Ling
07-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Any chance of putting up some pics?. And why not make a "mud map" of the electrical circuit, wires, terminals, labels etc. - in black (or coloured) ink/s, scan then in at 640 x 480 as a *.jpg file. Put them all up on Photobucket and "call them up" in your post/s.

640 x 480 (aka VGA) resolution seems to be best for Photobucket as it cuts out the annoying need for readers to have to use the "sideway" scroll bar. ie all of the image comes up on the screen.

Things electrical and electronic are a complete mystery to me - pure "White Mans Magic". But there is a vast array of talent on this forum that will be willing and able to assist (as you will be aware).

Please don't think I'm "preaching", being patronising or a "smart-a**e" as I am not. Just trying to help.

I "googled" TOS BRH20A and got the following page:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=TOS+BRH20A+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

You might like to try it - but there is a lot of non-English material (no surprise) - so using the "Google" "translate" option might yield better results.

Hope it helps.

Hi , I had googled it and got the same results as you , most are just for sale ads, there is no tech info in there.
As for the mudmap I think this machine may be beyond that , the electrical cabinet is filled with contactors and racks of fuses, it has a couple of big cable groups going to the hydraulic controller and about 30 wires goint to the grinding head. There are about 10 hydraulic connections as well.

The grinder has a 600 x 200 magnetic table , so it easily fits in the too big for a home shop catergory, but the price was so good I just had to sacrifice some shed space for it.
Here is a picture from before it was decomissioned http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/stanko8e8/grinder.jpg

oldtiffie
07-03-2007, 03:30 AM
Deleted/edited-out