View Full Version : Help Computer people

07-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Used internet explore with a google tool bar that had a spell check. Got Firefox and down loaded a google tool bar. but no spell check . Do thy have one for Fire fox and where is it . I need it bad cant spell worth a hoot. Can some one point me in right direction.

07-03-2007, 10:30 PM
I just use Firefox Version and it has the spell checker in it. Under Tools/Options/Advanced Check spelling as you type. Works for me. I set Google as my Home page. "Don't need no stinkin Tool Bar." or do I? BG

Weston Bye
07-03-2007, 10:36 PM
On occasion I will compose a post on Microsoft Word. The spell check is done there. When I am ready to post, I just copy and paste to the text box here. THe extra step is a minor hassle, but if I am on dialup in the shop, I can disconnect while composing.

07-03-2007, 10:52 PM
I need it bad cant spell worth a hoot

Lane, been reading and understanding your writings just fine?

07-03-2007, 10:55 PM

I think check-as-you-type spell checking is enabled by default on FireFox 2.0.x

Are you seeing dotted red-lines under words in the "Reply to Thread" box?
If you right-click on the red-lined word, Firefox will show you a list of spelling corrections.

By the way Lane, your posts are fine without any spell-check, we only want to see your incredible model Bridgeport again :)


07-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Well just go to our web site and look all you want Lazlo. I just wish some one would buy it.