PDA

View Full Version : Sorry you local guys can't make the BBQ

cybor462
07-05-2007, 08:24 PM
I am real sorry you local guys can't make the BBQ. Just got done starting the 20 lbs. of home made pulled pork, will be done tomorrow. The home made baked beans will be done tonight. The tons of other food 1/4 lb burgers, dogs (not barkers), smoked turkeys (my own), fresh corn on the cob, chips, raw veggie trays, salads, cake, ice cream, tons of drink including Lager and Ale and other drinks for the under age (all types of soda) iced tea, lemonaid, and swimming, live music and a few games (secret until saturday) will be great. Something for everyone.

At least 1 of you HSM'ers is coming and he is driving from NJ to be here.

Weather is going to be nice. Should be a real bash!
Maybe I will take some pics if I have a chance.

Maybe next year we will see more of you.:cool:

Your Old Dog
07-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I am real sorry you local guys can't make the BBQ.

You ain't got'em to post an address :D I'm not all that far from PA.

Just returned day before yesterday from DuBois, Brockway and Lewistown. I could collect my fishing poles and head right back !!

ProGunOne
07-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm on vacation, don't have to be back to work until Tuesday. It would be a drive for me though.

platypus2020
07-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Cybor462,

Is the BBQ sauce tomato or molasses based?

Jack

halac
07-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Cybor462,

Is the BBQ sauce tomato or molasses based?

Jack

Or vinegar or mustard based?

Actually if your BBQ is done right you won't need any sauce at all. Past two or three picnic shoulders I've smoked, no one even used any of the sauces I had on the side. Most who ate it said it didn't need any.

cybor462
07-06-2007, 01:55 AM
In case any could make it. 431 Schwanger Road Elizabethtown PA 17022

Second... the sauce is a little of both.
Pork is not smoked the turkey will be.
Pork is crock pot based, cooked on high for 4 hours and pulled then set on warm with the sauce for 3-5 hours on low.

Turkey will not need anything as it is mesquite smoked (wood) and that is all that needs.

If any are coming call me and let me know. I mayhave to adjust quantity. We had a head count on the 30th which has grown a little. May need to expend things a bit. Call me 717-917-9417

darryl
07-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Uh, my plane lands at 3:45 AM. Can you pick me up at the airport? I'll bring a 40 pounder of screech and some slow hardened custom lathe tool bits :)

Alistair Hosie
07-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Sorry you local guys can't make the BBQ
WHY DO WE HAVE TO BE LOCAL I EAT TOO YOU KNOW Alistair

cybor462
07-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Sorry you local guys can't make the BBQ
WHY DO WE HAVE TO BE LOCAL I EAT TOO YOU KNOW Alistair

Sorry I meant LOCO:eek:

cybor462
07-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Uh, my plane lands at 3:45 AM. Can you pick me up at the airport? I'll bring a 40 pounder of screech and some slow hardened custom lathe tool bits :)

I will have my helicopter pick you up. Just tell me where. :confused:

lazlo
07-06-2007, 12:35 PM
I am real sorry you local guys can't make the BBQ. Just got done starting the 20 lbs. of home made pulled pork, will be done tomorrow.

Oh, you're killing me Cybor! In Texas, we have the best brisket on the planet, but Texan's can't make pulled pork to save their lives :)

I got hooked on pulled pork when I was teaching at Mississippi State -- they split the carcass, put it up on cinderblocks, put a couple of coals under each shoulder/hip joint, and replace every couple of hours for 24 hours. There's a very fine line between the perfect pulled pork and trichinosis :D

ProGunOne
07-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I appreciate the offer (helicopter and all) but this has turned into one of them working vacations. The wife has found all kinds of projects for me to do. Can't wait to get back to work for a break?

Joel
07-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Lazlo, have you tried Red, Hot & Blues pulled pig? Good stuff! I was pretty sure they had a location in Austin, but I don't see one currently listed on their site.

hornluv
07-06-2007, 03:34 PM
I think I gained a couple of pounds just reading your post!

cybor462
07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh, you're killing me Cybor! In Texas, we have the best brisket on the planet, but Texan's can't make pulled pork to save their lives :)

I got hooked on pulled pork when I was teaching at Mississippi State -- they split the carcass, put it up on cinderblocks, put a couple of coals under each shoulder/hip joint, and replace every couple of hours for 24 hours. There's a very fine line between the perfect pulled pork and trichinosis :D
We love our pulled pork. I normally agree with the Pulp Fiction line "Pigs are a dirty animal" but damn if that pulled pork aint the best dirt I have eaten!:o

Mcostello
07-08-2007, 12:24 AM
40 lbs of screech? What is that? Does it come off of a "snipe" or something similar?

Tin Falcon
07-08-2007, 12:49 PM
The food was delicious. And plentyfull. I sampled just about everthing.
Yum Yum
Tin