PDA

View Full Version : Getting Through To Ebay...Maybe

GKman
07-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Sent this to Ebay and finally got a response. Of course none of their check boxes fit the problem but I finally found some way to send it.

Auction number 150138997008 and many other from the same
"seller". All phony as a $3.00 bill

They replied:

To report this kind of activity in the future:

1. Click the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages.
2. Click the "Contact Us" link on the left side of the page. You may be
asked to sign in.
3. Select "Listing Violations."
4. Click the "Continue" button.
5. Select "Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't
receive item, etc)."
6. Select "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent you didn't bid."
7. Click the "Continue" button.
8. Click the "Email" link under "Customer Support Option(s)" to make
your report.

Submitting your report this way enables us to investigate the listing as
quickly as possible.

jacampb2
07-08-2007, 08:40 PM
That is not even an item number??? How can we be warned of this fraud, if you dont tell us what it is?

Your Old Dog
07-09-2007, 08:28 AM
I wish the State's Attorney General Office would insist on a email address or a phone number you could find in less than 1/2 hour of searching. I have spent hours trying to reach them but with no luck. None of the boxes ever have my problem listed even close. I think it's just how they make more money due to less expenditure of staff to deal with problems.

aboard_epsilon
07-09-2007, 01:26 PM
When ever I've had a problem with ebay

I've logged onto the world ebay ebay.com...and it has a messaging system were you can talk to someone in real time.

it's called "live help" and it is on the right near the top of the page after you've logged in.

you get to have a typed conversion with a real person then ...and get instant answers ...and they do the utmost to try and resolve your problems

.btw

its a good idea to have all your questions pre typed ...then you can just paste them all in.

this is the pop up box that allows you to chat once logged in.

https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=15&imp_id=000_ActivationInactiveHP

all the best..mark

GKman
07-09-2007, 03:20 PM
jacampb2
Member Join Date: Mar 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is not even an item number??? How can we be warned of this fraud, if you dont tell us what it is?

Sorry I didn't explain it very well. I was just trying to share where to report these thieves. I've been up numerous blind alleys trying to get help or report something. It sure was an item number but's not an item number NOW. (Thanks to me!)

aboard_epsilon

I tried the live chat and watched the messages say "about 7 minutes wait time" that didn't change in 10 minutes.