PDA

View Full Version : Emco F1 CNC Mill

caddy
07-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I just went to look at it and damned if it didn't follow me home. Real newbie to the cnc world. Does anyone know of a F1 users group? Tooling resource?
Thanks
Caddy

JimH
07-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Check out CNCZone. They have many sub groups in their forums. Although I don't remember an EMCO F1 specific forum, there is a "Benchtop Mill" subgroup. Also check out the Yahoo forums (groups) as there may be one there. Again, as with cnczone, yahoo has many subgroupsdealing with cnc you should be able to find something.
Jim

www.cnczone.com

DR
07-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I just went to look at it and damned if it didn't follow me home. Real newbie to the cnc world. Does anyone know of a F1 users group? Tooling resource?
Thanks
Caddy

I've had an F1P for years....actually for almost 20 years it did nothing but run one part.

Is yours the "P" model?

Does it run?

caddy
07-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what model it is. I haven't even had time to get the numbers off of it. It does run, the spindle sounds good and all three stepper motors seem to be fine. I felt them to be a bit noisy but I'm told that is normal. It had no manual but I found it on the net.I do need a source for tooling. Am I correct in assuming that Emco has proprietary tools? Can't imagine any company going with standard stuff when they can gouge the ---- out of you for holders!
Clear this up, your machine was only used to make one part in twenty years or was it running the same part all the time?
Is the P model designated on the data plate?
Thanks
Caddy

JimH
07-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Just go to fleabay and do a search on EMCO. I've included a search below that has the tool holders. You may have to copy and paste the pieces back together. Item number is 200126091754. The tool holders show up all the time. I don't knowif they are EMCO unique or not. Always did want an F1.
Jim

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMCO-CNC-MILL-TOOL-HOLDER-COLLET-MILLING-MACHINE-TOOLS_W0QQitemZ200126091754QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4194 6QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DR
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Am I correct in assuming that Emco has proprietary tools? Can't imagine any company going with standard stuff when they can gouge the ---- out of you for holders!
Clear this up, your machine was only used to make one part in twenty years or was it running the same part all the time?
Is the P model designated on the data plate?
Thanks
Caddy

"P" meant production model, it has it's own controller as opposed to running off a PC.

Mine was running the same part repeatedly. A small part with 40 pieces fixtured on the table. One tool did the complete job, took about 15 minutes per run. That job is long gone. Now it does a cross drilling operation on another part.

I got 9 toolholders with mine. I think any 30 taper holder will work, it does need the correct tool retention knob. You'd probably have to make tool retention knobs, I don't believe they're industry standard.