PDA

View Full Version : Tool review: Recommended drill

Evan
07-15-2007, 03:43 PM
I just bought a new corded drill that I hadn't seen before, a right angle drill for all those places a regular power driver/drill/wirewheel won't fit. I have an attachment that works well but not as well as this tool. It's reasonably powerful and has a sensitive speed control from zero to 1500 rpm. It is reversible, can be locked on and has the power to drive about any common screw. The only niggle I have with the design is that the chuck body is fully shrouded so that one must use the chuck key to tighten screw driver bits in the chuck, something that isn't always necessary with a hex shaft driver.

It works especially well with wire wheels as it gives much better control than a straight drill. This tool is going to see a lot of use around here.

Cost was $40 on sale at Canadian tire.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics2/drillra.jpg

Note: For sale, CHEAP, Black and Decker circular saw with laser. Only used twice. Spare power cords included. You never know when you might need one.

ProGunOne
07-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Note: For sale, CHEAP, Black and Decker circular saw with laser. Only used twice. Spare power cords included. You never know when you might need one.

:D :D Too Funny

topct
07-15-2007, 04:27 PM
I would not be afraid of trimming the case back far enough to put a cheap key less chuck on that drill.

tiptop
07-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Evan, I have to admit I got a good laugh out of that. I would buy it, but with all the cords needed to keep it going, I probably could not afford the shipping.

Tin Falcon
07-15-2007, 05:17 PM
ROFLOL that was a good one Evan
If I was doing as much fab work as you I would consider a pair of air powered die grinders.for cleaning up work. I have one of the newer dewalt 4 1/2 inch grinder IIRC it was less than $60 at Lowes, most places want $90 it has the cut down head design for more maneuverability.
Tin

Your Old Dog
07-15-2007, 08:39 PM
We don't have a Canadian Tire store here in the US but there are plenty of Adult Bookstores around. Think I'll stop in and see if they have one of those in stock. Is it just me or do they kind of look kinky? :D

edited to add: I just noticed the power cords and saw ! ROFLAMO :D

speedsport
07-15-2007, 10:19 PM
HF has the same right angle drill only difference is that it's orange on sale for $19, I have one and it's a great value.

Evan
07-16-2007, 06:10 AM
I find it interesting that posting a positive review of a tool that has real utility doesn't draw anywhere near the response that pointing out a serious flaw does.

YOD,

We don't have Harbor Freight here. I think we win. :D

Tin,

I have an air drill and a die grinder. I do use them. I will be using them more now that I have a decent compressor back in operation.

oldtiffie
07-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Deleted/erased-out