PDA

View Full Version : inverter duty motor

BobMeade
04-21-2001, 06:23 PM
I'm looking for sources of three phase, inverter duty motors.
One hp, 208/230, to work with the Teco-Westinghouse EM-100 unit adv. in THSM. 56 frame, plan to use it on a Grizzly G-4000 lathe.

Tim Clarke
04-22-2001, 09:54 AM
There are some inverter duty motors in the WW Grainger catalog. The book is at work, so I can't look to see if the one you need is there.
Tim

SGW
04-25-2001, 09:35 AM
I doubt you need to worry about getting an inverter-duty motor. A regular 3-phase motor will work fine with the Teco variable-frequency drive. I've got a Teco VFD on my mill, with the original motor, and it works great. Several friends have several VFDs on their assorted machinery, all with "normal" motors, and have had no trouble.

larryh
05-03-2001, 08:09 PM
Speaking of VFDs or variable frequency
drives I have a good quantity of smaller
AB drives...anyone interested..Larry

BobMeade
05-13-2001, 11:43 AM
I received the same advice from Teco, bought a 1 hp Leeson mtr to go with a Teco 201, works fine except I don't understand the programing instructions. Can someone give me step by step advice on initializing the Teco? My problem is that the up-down buttons no longer function, they worked when I first checked the unit out, now only the rotary speed control works.
Bob

SGW
05-14-2001, 06:32 AM
I've got a different Teco model than you, I think. The instructions for mine are pretty complicated (and, I gather, for your unit as well) so step-by-step directions are probably beyond me.

I do seem to recall, however, that one of the options for mine is a "reset to factory defaults." If yours has that option, and you can get to it and select it, at least you'll be back to a known state to start from.