PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my old friend Fred

Alistair Hosie
08-07-2007, 06:19 PM
he was taken into Hospital today with severe chest pains he was due to have a stent put in in about a month so hopefully they will do it now instead he is a keen old machinist 75 years young regards.Alistair

Norman Atkinson
08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi Alistair,
Just been in for the first part of a check up with my GP today.
It may be diabetes and it is certainly cystitus with the usual problems but my blood pressure is in need of 'jacking up' rather than otherwise. More Big Macs and Salted crisps- wow? There are other bits and pieces with me having to contribute to haggis or black pudding or something, industry.

It does, however, bring other people's more real problems into focus.
Give Fred my kindest regards and my thoughts and prayers for his speedy recovery and return to the enjoyment of his workshop.

Oh, and lest I forget, my kindest regards to you.
Look after your precious friend- paint him green or whatever- and look after him. Good show- never forget a friend.

Norm

Alistair Hosie
08-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks Norm just what I expected from you my friend I will give him your regards and hope he is ok take good care of yourself as I have learned so much from my elderly pals just like your good self .Alistair

Weston Bye
08-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Alistair: I wish your friend well. It's too bad he didn't get in sooner. Maybe this will move him up.

Speaking of stents, it's been 10 weeks since I got mine. Doing well, in rehab and have lost 17 pounds.

Take care everyone.

madman
08-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Alistaire i hope all goes well. Modern Doctors are pretty good at there Jobs. Health is most important . Good luck

IOWOLF
08-07-2007, 07:37 PM
All My best for your friend Fred, Hip,Hip, Cherios and all that.

Good luck.

Alistair Hosie
08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys kindest regards Alistair

motomoron
08-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Best of luck to your friend, which I suspect he won't need so much of. My mother in law got a stent in her carotid artery a couple years ago, and my dad had balloon angioplasty about 15 years ago, and got a nifty pacemaker a few weeks ago. Both of them were out of the hospital in a day or two, and have been fine since.

Thinking positive thoughts, nonetheless!

Tinkerer
08-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Alistair Hosie... I recall you mentioning Fred in past post. My prayers for your friend to have a speedy recovery.

Rookie machinist
08-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Hope you friend recoves well. Keep us updated.

Al Messer
08-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Having had open heart surgery myself, I can attest to the wonderful things that surgeons can do with your ticker. Best wishes to him.

BobC
08-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Alistair,
Your friend will be included in my prayers.

All the best,
Bob

oil mac
08-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Best wishes for your old mate Alistair, Great what modern medicine can do with the old" human circulating pump" when it gets a little out of condition nowadays, as compared to past years, Tell him to take things at a gentler pace for a little while, Although hope it is not too long till he is back working his lathe etc ( small light interesting, and fairly short spell tasks),
He is in my thoughts & prayers.

Yow Ling
08-09-2007, 06:06 AM
What kind of lathe does he have? Are the ways worn?

garyphansen
08-09-2007, 09:28 AM
He is in my prayers! Gary P. Hansen