PDA

View Full Version : OT Is Hell Hot?

Ernest Kerr
08-11-2007, 01:31 PM
IS HELL HOT?

The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave.

Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over. So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you", and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.
The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"

Carld
08-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh my God, I like his thoughts. I saved his paper in word for future reff.

Rookie machinist
08-11-2007, 01:40 PM
LMAO Great answer, reminds me of when I was in school think outside the box its more fun.

mklotz
08-11-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp

Mike W
08-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I was in Hell, Mich one time.

Frank Ford
08-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Hell is a forum that gets overtaken by inane OT posts. . .

madman
08-11-2007, 02:23 PM
No Warm a bit though.

mklotz
08-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Hell is a forum that gets overtaken by inane OT posts. . .

You got that right, Frank. But, look on the bright side. Rehashing ancient internet detritus that everyone's seen is (marginally) better than:

Redneck fart treatises
Prayer calls
and Too_Many_Trolls with his endless political agitation (much of it cross-posted to the other metalworking fora)

Norman Atkinson
08-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Nice one!

Reference about trolls is apt. Hell is a place in Norway just north of Trondheim.

It's bit further North than Gol where the temperature dropped to minus 32C on the Storefjell. We only had paper body bags!

Makes all this twaddle a bit cissy. Mountain rescue has more of a point to it.

mklotz
08-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Nice one!

Reference about trolls is apt. Hell is a place in Norway just north of Trondheim.

It's bit further North than Gol where the temperature dropped to minus 32C on the Storefjell. We only had paper body bags!

Speaking of irrelevant posts, how are you, Normie?

Norman Atkinson
08-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Marv,
At 77 and after a full medical yesterday in which I was pronounced- as fit as a flea, not bad.
I was actually refering to a Survival Course conducted by a man who pee-d in
V1 and V2 rockets as a prisoner in Dachau Concentration Camp. Very much engineering to get them off course! OK, the boss was Riiser Larsen. look him up. Larsen ice shelf and more.

I'd heard it all before. It wasn't worth a pinch of Chinese Sh1t on the first reading.

Probably you and I are people who like doing things. We may disagree but we both still like doing things!

Cheers

Norm

PS, Can we have something original, please?

Thomas Staubo
08-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Nice one!

I wonder, what's the use of body bags made of paper? :confused:

Norman Atkinson
08-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Thomas,
Standard issue in the Rode Kors Helpekorps!
I am looking at a badge with Fjell-Sikrinstjenesten on the bottom of it.

The name of Riiser-Larsen must come to mind. He was like Nansen- one of Norway's greatest sons.
There was a very tall bank guard or something from a spaarkasser(?) from Stavanger. He survived Dachau. He was one of those wonderful people- who offered me his own sleeping bag. I settled for a Kraft body bag!

Nothing to do with engineering? I helped kit out the Joint British Scandinavian Expedition to Antarctica as well.

Boring stuff, Marv, but Thomas did ask.

Normie

panchula
08-11-2007, 11:38 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

Ann Arbor, where Hell is a local call...

-Mike

Too_Many_Tools
08-12-2007, 09:21 PM
You got that right, Frank. But, look on the bright side. Rehashing ancient internet detritus that everyone's seen is (marginally) better than:

Redneck fart treatises
Prayer calls
and Too_Many_Trolls with his endless political agitation (much of it cross-posted to the other metalworking fora)

LOL...another fan...perhaps I should start charging admission?

Censorship is a sign of a closed mind...and strange how you forgot to note the endless right wing drivel we have to wade through to find metalworking posts.

And for the record Mklotz...I am one American who expects to not have to worry that the bridge I am driving over will fall down....how about you?

TMT

mklotz
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
No, I'm not worried if the bridge you're driving across falls down.

Too_Many_Tools
08-13-2007, 01:28 AM
LOL...and that is makes us different.

One of us wants to make the world better and the other...well....he just wants to whine.

Do you want cheese with your whine?

TMT

Joel
08-13-2007, 01:35 AM
Censorship is a sign of a closed mind...

And an accurate sense of what is appropriate, is a sign of an intelligent one.

Evan
08-13-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm still trying to figure out where the censorship angle fits in. Especially considering the fact that free speech doesn't hold here on this or any other moderated forum. The owner of the forum is a minor diety in all matters related to the forum and may rule by reason or whim. No free speech for you today.

Evan
08-13-2007, 02:22 AM
BTW, just to stay a bit more on topic (is that possible?) a very good book is Inferno, by Niven and Pournelle. Excellent read and it won't go out of date. :D

aostling
08-13-2007, 02:29 AM
BTW, just to stay a bit more on topic (is that possible?) a very good book is Inferno, by Niven and Pournelle. Excellent read and it won't go out of date. :D

If it's as clever as Niven's Ringworld I should give this book a try.

Does any religion other than Christianity have the concept of hell?

Norman Atkinson
08-13-2007, 03:09 AM
Concept of Hell outside of Christianity?

I did start it off with my reference to Norway.
We have all the Nordic Gods. I refered to the Nazis and their concept of things when I mentioned fleetingly- Dachau and eventually projecting to their Extermination of Jews and the rest of the Undesirables in Concentration Camps. I went on to Antarctica and the possible connection with further extermination by the Norwegians and the Brits.

With due respect to earlier comments, I reckon to have been further on track than imagined.

Ok, I am a committed Christian but we have the Jews. No. they are not Christian- and no, I am not going down Emmaeus way in comment.

Let's move on to the earlier peoples who inhabitated Europe before Jewry and Islam, great stuff. At the age of about 11 I grew up in a World which was interested in the Bronze Age and funny things went on. Since then, I moved further into the Ancients.

And if I have wandered from engineering- and some of us certainly have- go into the study of Megalithic Man and Measurement.

And I am delighted to mention that most of this fancy math stuff was done then.

Ain't life Hell?

Norm

Evan
08-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `Lenore!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Lenore!'
Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door -
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning - little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door -
Bird or beast above the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as `Nevermore.'

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only,
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered -
Till I scarcely more than muttered `Other friends have flown before -
On the morrow will he leave me, as my hopes have flown before.'
Then the bird said, `Nevermore.'

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -
Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore
Of "Never-nevermore."'

But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore -
What this grim, ungainly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking `Nevermore.'

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet violet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
`Wretch,' I cried, `thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he has sent thee
Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Lenore!'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! -
Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted -
On this home by horror haunted - tell me truly, I implore -
Is there - is there balm in Gilead? - tell me - tell me, I implore!'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?'

`Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting -
`Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!'

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

E. A. Poe

Norman Atkinson
08-13-2007, 05:23 AM
Thanks, Evan!

I had Shelley and Evil Edna of TV fame.
My 'Poe' was always the Pit and the Pendulum.

Methinks that we are getting beyond the ken of most here.
I don't even think that most of them could solve the riddle of 'Why is a raven like a writing desk?'
'Because it slopes with a flap' A bit of aerodynamics?

Norm

Evan
08-13-2007, 06:38 AM
You are welcome Norm. Just an example of a classic (of which you are fond) and a particular sort of Hell. It is my favorite "Poe". I find that the classics are much underrated these days. This is unfortunate as access has never been easier with resources such as the Project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page).

Allan,

A quote from a review to whet your appetite. Inferno is a modern version of Dante's.

Allen and Benito's journey through Hell is difficult, to say the least, but the authors hold out hope for the final salvation of the book's characters. Not an easy road, but possible anyway. I never got clear through the original Inferno, but Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle made it a faster-moving, more interesting story (at least to me) than Dante's book. Can a trip to Hell be fun? Yep, if Niven and Pournelle are the guides. A fast read, very entertaining, maybe educational if you're planning on trying out some new sins...

http://www.troynovant.com/Grube/Niven-Pournelle/Inferno.html

wendtmk
08-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Evan,

Just as a heads up, Niven and Pournelle are putting the finishing touches on Inferno II.

Mark

Evan
08-13-2007, 09:44 AM
:D

Thank you.

jonkka
04-02-2014, 04:48 AM
Hell is a Babylonian concept. There is no proof for it's existence. The word in the KJV Bible that is translated hell is actually referring to the valley next to Jerusalem used as the dump. The people threw sulpher into the dump to thoroughly burn up whatever was there. Being thrown into hell means to be thoroughly destroyed and removed from existence. There is no everlasting soul for those who fail and are removed.

dp
04-02-2014, 05:01 AM
Hell is a Babylonian concept. There is no proof for it's existence. The word in the KJV Bible that is translated hell is actually referring to the valley next to Jerusalem used as the dump. The people threw sulpher into the dump to thoroughly burn up whatever was there. Being thrown into hell means to be thoroughly destroyed and removed from existence. There is no everlasting soul for those who fail and are removed.

You're going to fit right in.

boslab
04-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Personaly i beleive the universe was created at some point, proof being its here, from what ive seen on this planet one does not have to die to go to hell, maybe we are already there, after all who got dominion over the earth?, well if he was kicked out of the penthouse he sure as ****e took over the basement, by default the highest temperature in hell, with the exception of fusion reactors etc, should be the highest recorded temperature on earth, death valley sounds appropriate.
Mark

PStechPaul
04-02-2014, 07:14 AM
This is a great post. When I was in the Cayman Islands on a volleyball vacation in 1991, I walked to Hell and back. It looks like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/Hell_Grand_Cayman_%281%29.JPG/800px-Hell_Grand_Cayman_%281%29.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Hellgiftshop.JPG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Grand_Cayman

Some years ago, a local "shock jock" DJ, Johnny Walker, on an unusually cold day in Baltimore, declared that it was "colder than hell", and he made a call to the chamber of commerce or the library in Hell, MI, and inquired about the temperature. Sure enough, it was about 25F there, while we were shivering in the single digits. Then he asked if there were any man-made lakes there, and she said, "No". "Well", Johnny replied, "I guess that means there's no Dam in Hell!"

The Jehovah's Witnesses, who claim to be the only "true" Christians based on rigorous Bible study, claim that there is no "hell" as usually described by Christian clergy, and in fact they also claim that we do not have "eternal souls". They say that when we die, we revert to the "dust" from which we were made, but those who are "saved" will be resurrected in new fleshly bodies that will have no imperfections and will live forever in an earthly paradise like Adam and Eve would have, had they not sinned. I am not a religious person, but I have learned much from Bible study and discussions with JWs.

Lew Hartswick
04-02-2014, 09:07 AM
OK How did you find this thread from 2007??? :-)
It sure reminded me of some posters here that haven't been around for a long time.
...lew...

vpt
04-02-2014, 09:14 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1600298/thumbs/o-HELL-FROZE-OVER-facebook.jpg

A.K. Boomer
04-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Just hope he didn't knock-up Teresa or he's going to have Hell to pay...

and even worse yet would be if he gave her the clap,,, remember - Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

be a snowballs chance in Hell she'd take him back after that,,, she might even tell him to "go there" if she gets mad enough,

then again - that that does not kill you will just make you tougher - he just might go there come back and tell everyone about it almost like a boast of some kind - like "I been to Hell and back"...
although - he could turn into a victim for the rest of his life proclaiming that "she put him through holy Hell"

Nice gods we create - as if the world does not have enough hell in it we have to have eternal suffering afterwords,,, U know, just to keep you in check... :rolleyes:

My take on it is the eagles already proved it's been cooling off for quite sometime...

"The album name is in reference to a quote by Don Henley after the band's breakup in 1980; he commented that the band would play together again "when Hell freezes over."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Freezes_Over

Actually this frightens me even more because I do not like the cold one bit... but still no big worries, - am told eternity goes bye real quick if you just keep yourself busy...

Weston Bye
04-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Wow, a flash from the past. Some of those earlier participants may be in a position to report, but have been banished into the outer darkness of web participation.

I suspect that this thread will have a limited shelf life, but i will make my contribution:

When I reflect upon the number of disagreeable people who I know have gone to better world, I am moved to lead a different life.
- Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

...heaven for climate, and hell for society.
- Mark Twain Speech

loose nut
04-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Only people who believe in hell go to hell, everybody else is condemned to L.A.

A.K. Boomer
04-02-2014, 12:16 PM
then there's guys like Conan, he not only believes - he seems to be looking forward to it :p

2:18 seconds into the monologue is all I can find of his infamous song,,, man he used to really get with it and get the whole crowd going...

http://www.autofixinfo.com/YeaZ2HoWGWJUpS/CONAN-Monologue-11-15-12-CONAN-on-TBS.html

Evan
04-02-2014, 12:57 PM
I have been reading my previous comments in this thread. Shilt, it really does seem that my brain is going downhill. I don't think I could write that again today. Maybe not with as many big words, anyway. ;-)

Rustybolt
04-02-2014, 01:02 PM
" Is Hell Hot?."

Yes. But not as hot as Texas.

A.K. Boomer
04-02-2014, 01:03 PM
your still with it Evan, way faster and more accurate than Google so we know it's all you :-)

A.K. Boomer
04-02-2014, 01:11 PM
" Is Hell Hot?."

Yes. But not as hot as Texas.

It's no big whoop, the extra you spend on AC is offset by your lower or non-existent heating bill,
and if you happen to end up in a dryer part of hell you can actually run a swamp cooler and be way ahead... pocket the change and take the bride out to the nearest sizzler steak house... am told most are within walking distance...

wierdscience
04-02-2014, 03:07 PM

http://youtu.be/g09GtnWdBjc?t=29s

Danl
04-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Nice one!

We should probably let Google Earth folks know they've got it located wrong: they show it about 17 miles S83E from Trondheim.....
I'm certain they'd get right on fixing their error... :)

Dan L

Rustybolt
04-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by loose nut

I've been to L.A.
I'd rather be in hell.

A.K. Boomer
04-02-2014, 03:45 PM
http://youtu.be/g09GtnWdBjc?t=29s

Poor SOB, Now you know why I moved...

Alistair Hosie
04-02-2014, 04:45 PM
There simply is no hell other than the one you manufacture in your own conciousnes.And we don't die either well conciousness continues or the spirit or ghost, call it what you will.We as human animals have and will be around for infinity.And there is no punishment when we go home to our natural sprit dimension it has been actually proven that when we or our bodies die our conciousnes continues and that it never dies.Look up Dr PIM VAN LOMMEL on you tube I have all the books on this see how he explains how the spirit or as scientists call it consciousness is not a process of brain function as when brain function dies the conciousness is actually enhanced and never dies Let me know what you think there is plenty on youtube re this, but see what Dr Pim has discovered as a cardiac surgeon all of his life he has and many other doctors scientists about dieing.I would love to hear your thought look up the interview he did on youtube Alistair

loose nut
04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
TLet me know what you think there is plenty on youtube re this,

Well, if it's on youtube it must be true. Is that the theme music from the Twilight Zone I hear.

Alistair Hosie
04-02-2014, 06:50 PM
It is of course up to each of us to look at what he has and many other acedemics surgeons etc have already discovered.Off course you will not know what I am talking about if you don't look at the interview or read his book. It really makes a compelling alternative view IMHO and I believe it too.Alistair

darryl
04-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Hell must be frozen over, as has been eloquently explained already. If you were on your way there for some reason, then you weren't on the list of applicants to go to heaven. So that leaves you in limbo. Limbo must be beyond hot, as you probably had to be a jerk to be on the waiting list to get into hell anyway. A jerk is motion, motion creates heat, hell can't accept heat as surely that much heat would have melted it, and heaven is supposed to be a fairly nice climate (unlike Texas) so the heat is not going there. Seems like unless you have a personal invite to the greener pastures, you better not die.

saltmine
04-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Is Hell hot? I don't know, I've never been there. My Father used to say that we're experiencing Hell right now, and Heaven is where we go when we die.

MetalMunger
04-03-2014, 06:23 AM
Hot?
Well I would like a definitive word on the subject from "Teresa" does anyone have a phone# or e-mail address for her?

A.K. Boomer
04-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Hell cannot be all that hot, I can't count the times iv heard other people describe other places in comparison and they actually describe them as being hotter, they don't say "it's as hot as hell over here" they usually state that "it's hotter than hell"
I mean it might not be totally comfortable but im sure it's tolerable, it's just simple deductive reasoning, eternity is a damn long time and there's no way your going to be able to hang out in a place for that long if it's too uncomfortable...

my best guess is it's just 1 or 2 degree's above body temp, just enough to remind you that you should not have had premarital sex 5,000 times... but again it's a hydration thing - plenty of fluids and you will be fine, as long as the humidity levels are within reason...
people seem to get fixated on the heat part of hell, it's really not that bad, it's the humidity levels that will get you killed,,,

as long as it's dry enough to evaporate your sweat you will be just fine,,, is it an ideal situation ? never said that, but neither is having to boink some gurl you really don't want to be with for the rest of your earthly life,,, all kinds of hell out there if you go looking for it...

krutch
04-03-2014, 11:18 AM
So hell froze over. No wonder it is so damn cold here in Illinois. We are as close to hell as a state can get. Until the next election and tax increase, anyway.

jonkka
04-03-2014, 11:39 AM
I brought this thread up from 2007 because I was hunting for mklotz posts looking for some of the cool devices he has made and posted about. Saw this thread and had to read thru it. I have some knowledge on the subject and knowing that is a mythical place added the education.

mklotz
04-03-2014, 12:07 PM
I brought this thread up from 2007 because I was hunting for mklotz posts looking for some of the cool devices he has made and posted about.

I'm flattered.

I used to post a lot on "Home Model Engine Machinist" but gave up on that forum when it went commercial. Now I hang out on "Model Engine Maker".

There's also a collection of some of my projects and writings on our club site...

http://www.schsm.com/

If you want to contact me directly you can through my web page - URL in my sig below.

jonkka
04-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Marv

I'm going to try and give you the sincerest form of flattery I can and try to duplicate some of your more useful tools. My only problem is that I wonder if I have seen them all.

I love what you did for the dremel.

Thanks