• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Ford
    • Dec 2006

G.e.a.r.s.

Hi
    Is anybody planning on attending the G.E.A.R.S. show in Portland?

I attended all the P.R.I.M.E. shows in Eugene, but was a little p*ssed at the way the gears people handled the change.

Bob
  • tattoomike68

When is it? more info please?

Comment

• Mark Hockett
      • Apr 2001

It is Sept. 22-23, here is the link to the web site http://216.197.127.227/index.html .

I will be going on the 22nd.
      Mark Hockett

Comment

• tiptop
        • Feb 2007

I have been thinking about it, if I can get away for a day or two.
        "Just build it and be done"

Comment

• Orrin
          • Jan 2005

I attended all the P.R.I.M.E. shows in Eugene, but was a little p*ssed at the way the gears people handled the change.
          I guess I don't understand what change(s) you might be referring to. I'm sure the G.E.A.R.S. organizers are doing their best to please everybody. If there's something they should be doing differently, they might be interested in knowing.

Best regards,

Orrin
          So many projects. So little time.

Comment

• Bob Ford
            • Dec 2006

I guess I don't understand what change(s) you might be referring to. I'm sure the G.E.A.R.S. organizers are doing their best to please everybody. If there's something they should be doing differently, they might be interested in knowing.

It was the way they went about the change from Prime to Gears. They did not even ask the people that had successfully ran the Prime shows,just announced at the last Prime that next year it would be Gears. I asked the people who were running the Prime show and was told that this is the first they had heard about a change. Never went back!

Comment

• Nick Carter
              • Mar 2005

I heard the exact opposite of that story, that the PRIME guys didn't want to do it anymore and would sell the PRIME name for some huge amount of money to the guys wanting to take over. So the guys decided to do GEARS instead. Of course at this point it's all he said/she said...but I do know a lot of people ended up with bad feelings about the whole thing. That said, GEARS is organized by the various clubs, and is a labor of love.

It was the way they went about the change from Prime to Gears. They did not even ask the people that had successfully ran the Prime shows,just announced at the last Prime that next year it would be Gears. I asked the people who were running the Prime show and was told that this is the first they had heard about a change. Never went back!
              Largest resource on the web for Taig lathes and milling machines, www.cartertools.com

Comment

Working...
              X