PDA

View Full Version : Michael Morgan Bridgeport book?

carlquib
09-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Has anyone heard anything about what Michael is up to? I keep hoping that he will finish this book so maybe I can get my copy.

-brian

heavysteamer
09-08-2007, 05:56 PM
A book is on the way? Are there other books specifically about Bridgeport milling machines?

carlquib
09-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Yes there is supposed to be a book specific to rebuilding a bridgeport mill. I got a copy of his first scraping book and the video and they were pretty good. The second book on the bridgeport was supposed to be out several years ago, but something happened to Michael and it hasn't materialized yet. Here is a link to the book <http://www.machinerepair.com/bpbook.html>. The website seems to still be active so I keep hoping that someday I will get the book that I pre-ordered and paid for. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about Michaels progress? Thanks

-brian

lazlo
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
I exchanged email with Michael Morgan about a month ago when I was trying to purchase his scraping video and book (both are excellent, by the way).

I didn't even ask about the Bridgeport rebuild book, but he added that it was almost done, despite rumors to the contrary :)

Charles Ping
09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
I too have the scraping book. Very good and it came within 2 weeks of me ordering (and that includes shipping to Europe).

Regards

Charles

carlquib
01-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Has anyone had any contact with Micheal? I keep hoping to hear something. Does anyone have any valid contact information? I have tried the email on his site several times but haven't ever gotten any replies.

-brian

MikeHenry
01-24-2008, 03:12 PM
The BP book always seems to be a few weeks to a few months away from publication. Like you, I also ordered and pre-paid for the book. Seems like it must be 3-4 years ago by now and I've long since given up on ever seeing the book or a refund. In the grand scheme of things that's not such a big deal, though.