PDA

View Full Version : big sale in Scotland coming up

Alistair Hosie
09-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I have dealt with these people before they are very professional sadly there is another one of our local working colleges closing down Alistair

http://www.shirlaw-cathcart.co.uk/

matador
09-10-2007, 05:06 AM
I'd come over for a looksee,but it's a long way's rowing from new zealand:D.
I see that the college is relocating.Will they still have an engineering department at their new location,or is this the end?
I guess not many youngster are that interested in engineering these days.They make more money sitting in front of a computer screen all day.Sign of the times,unfortunately.

Your Old Dog
09-10-2007, 08:28 AM
I was on my way over for this Alistair but I stuck my half Scottish hand in my pants pocket at the airport to pay for the ticket and it's still stuck there. I can't get it out! :D

aboard_epsilon
09-10-2007, 09:05 AM
whats this thing ...some sort of iron worker.

http://www.shirlaw-cathcart.co.uk/auctionimgs/clydebankcollege20070913/images/CLYDEBANK-COLLEGE-015.jpg

looks like they are only getting rid of the colchesters and horizontals and a couple of grinders.

all the best.mark

Alistair Hosie
09-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Mark looks like an ironworker see the guilotine there on the left side.Alistair

Ries
09-10-2007, 03:38 PM
It looks like a cute little 30 or 40 ton Mubea or Peddinghaus german made mechanical ironworker from the 60's.
Totallly bulletproof little machines, very nice as long as you stay within their work envelope.

It looks like this one has a notcher on the left, a round bar shear, an angle shear, a small flat bar shear, and a punch station over on the right below and behind the flywheel.

Mark McGrath
09-10-2007, 04:45 PM
It`s a Ficep ironworker.

Ries
09-10-2007, 11:57 PM
As far as I know, the american importer of Ficep, Heller in California, didnt bring over any of those early mechanicals, so I have never seen one- the early 70's ones are the earliest I have seen, and were hydraulic. There may be a few Ficeps that old over here, but not many.

That is a very nice looking compact machine, and I wouldnt mind having it myself.

Although I am partial to the looks of the early Mubea BF-25, which has a space age formed sheet steel stand it sits on.