PDA

View Full Version : Digital Machinist

John Stevenson
09-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Can anyone tell me how many issues of Digital Machist have been issued so far.
Just seen a reference to Vol 2 Issue 2 and wonder how many I am missing.

Ironic that it's called Digital Machinist and you can't get a web download :D

jimmstruk
09-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi John, I just looked at my newest Digital magazine, it is vol2 #2. If my (weak) memory is correct that would be the second real magazine after the free issue that was sent originally. JIM

Weston Bye
09-12-2007, 10:45 AM
There have been 4 issues, if you include the HSM special digital machinist edition. I have articles in all the issues and have committed to a regular column, "The Mechatronist", as well as extra articles.

(Shameless self-promotion, shameless...)

DR
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Is this magazine sold on news stands or only by mail order?

98% of my magazine reading is done while relaxing in a big over stuffed chair.......at Barnes & Noble. Haven't come across this mag though.

Weston Bye
09-12-2007, 01:29 PM
So far DM is only available by subscription. I'm not in a position to know what the future plans are concerning news stand sales. Seems that with the CNC and electronics content, the possibility of appeal to an audience wider than that of HSM might be possible.

John Stevenson
09-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks Wes, so I'm missing two so far.

Craig Foster
09-12-2007, 05:49 PM
So far DM is only available by subscription. I'm not in a position to know what the future plans are concerning news stand sales. Seems that with the CNC and electronics content, the possibility of appeal to an audience wider than that of HSM might be possible.

Hey Wes,

We're going to start over-the-counter sales of DM with the next issue. Barnes & Noble and Borders will likely be the main carriers.

Weston Bye
09-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Excellent!

tattoomike68
09-12-2007, 06:37 PM
I noticed the home shop machinist and Machinist's Workshop magazines are for sale at "Hastings" here in walla walla, washington.

It was the first time I have seen the magazine, Im very impressed with the pictures and write ups I have seen.