Alistair Hosie
09-13-2007, 05:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/tybachdai/workshopgrinderoverview002.jpg

Alistair Hosie
09-13-2007, 05:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/tybachdai/workshopgrinderoverview019.jpg

John Stevenson
09-13-2007, 05:08 PM
If I had a shop like that I would let ugly mates like that guy in the pic's in the shop.

Used to know a guy looked just like that one.
His wife had their wedding photo's on the mantlepiece facing the wall because he frightened the dog.

Hasn't Blodwyn got a green dress ?

Alistair Hosie
09-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Hasn't Blodwyn got a green dress ?

BRONWEN NOT BLODWYN !!!!!!SHE FACES THaT MISTAKE REGULARLY anyway she does have a little green sexy dress and I cant wait til tonight so that I can rip her dress off!

Ouch The bloody things far too tight for me :D:D:DAlistair

topct
09-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I do not trust that dog.

Allan Waterfall
09-13-2007, 05:48 PM
In the first pic. I think she's wondering why you missed painting that bit.:D

Allan

aboard_epsilon
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
sorry Alistair ...havnt got a wide screen comp yet ...so cant see you without scrolling :D :D

you put on a few pounds there old buddy .

all the best.mark

laddy
09-13-2007, 06:13 PM
My God! What a handsome brute!!!!!

Rustybolt
09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Alistair. I don't know if you know it or not, but there's a large hairy gent lurking in your workshop.

geraldvowles
09-13-2007, 06:40 PM
If that the world's best looking pedestal grinder behind the lovely ladt then I'm twice jealous but... to her other side well, you're not going to tell me that's a spot welder half hidden? Isn't that cheating when you're a machinist? But they are fast aren't they!

-Gerry

P.S. How long did the cleanup actually take???
P.P.S. Nice shop with nary a piece of Eastern Magic in sight. Must have taken you a while.

Frank Ford
09-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Good looking shop there, apart from the shocking number of non-green tools. . .

Alistair Hosie
09-13-2007, 06:57 PM
At last thanks Frank you made my day I said I was never a green fanatic very few of my machines inc my much larger woodshop are green.Alistair see Evan I told you so :DAlistair

IOWOLF
09-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Nice shop.
Not to Hijack the subject but I met one of your country women this weekend,She claims to be the world champ yodeler , darned if I can remember her name.

This is Not a Joke.

Alistair Hosie
09-13-2007, 07:36 PM
world champion yodeler from Scotland I wonder who that could be sounds like one of my old patients getting new detures fitted:DAlistair

IOWOLF
09-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Well she could have been from Ireland, you Know us Colonists we don't know the Dif.

Too_Many_Tools
09-13-2007, 08:23 PM
A fine looking shop Sir...thanks for posting the pictures.

It is one of the best shops I have seen.

A question....with that lovely lady to distact you, isn't that a safety issue? ;<)))

Alistair, you are a very lucky man.

TMT

sch
09-13-2007, 09:59 PM
The dog looks a little worried. How long did it take to clean
the place up?

Too_Many_Tools
09-13-2007, 10:38 PM
The dog looks a little worried. How long did it take to clean
the place up?

The dog has that look of pain because he is sitting on the pile of chips Alistair hid under the dog before taking the pictures. ;<)

TMT

Your Old Dog
09-13-2007, 10:45 PM
My God! What a handsome brute!!!!!

If you think that's all it's gonna take to get an invite to Alistair's garage sale ahead of me you got it all wrong!!

Nice looking setup Alistair. Looks much better organized then mine! Great place to spend some quaility time when you ain't ripping clothes off the little lady!

Some how I thought I'd see more green. I'm proud of you son :D

lane
09-13-2007, 11:38 PM
I just go to ask . Looks tight in their ,kind of like mine . How do you keep the chops corralled in such a fine shop? Look real nice. Besides I could not imagine what you looked like .

Alistair Hosie
09-14-2007, 08:42 AM
thanks for kind replies you are all such nice people makes me feel ver y humble sometimes kindest regards Alistair

3jaw
09-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Are you wearing a kilt or is that your shirt tail??? :eek:

john hobdeclipe
09-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Alistair, that's a nice, well equipped shop. But it's so CLEAN that it's almost disgusting. Send me some money, and I'll send you a box of assorted chips, dust, swarf, stringy curls of pvc, oily brass, some cast iron dust, and to sweeten the deal, I'll throw in some prime sawdust, freshly cut.

Send enough money, and I'll deliver it in person, and help spread it around your shop, so it will look more like mine.

JRouche
09-15-2007, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE=Alistair Hosie]
BRONWEN NOT BLODWYN !!!!!!SHE FACES THaT MISTAKE REGULARLY /QUOTE]

Good looking shop and family Alistair.

As I have told you, my wife's name is Bronwyn which is some what of an oddity here in the states so I enjoy hearing your wife's name published. Bronwyn is Welsh, so she says, so I dont know the similarities but hey!!

Clean looking shop Mister! JRouche

spkrman15
09-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the pictures Allistair. Your shop looks good. Did you not just build it several years ago?

Rob :)

Evan
09-15-2007, 10:00 AM
I do not trust that dog.
It looks like it doesn't trust you either. :D

At last thanks Frank you made my day I said I was never a green fanatic very few of my machines inc my much larger woodshop are green.Alistair see Evan I told you so
Well, since you bring it up I will once again show some of the very nice equipment you have in the shop(s).

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/am1.jpg

I must admit that since I have been taking meds similar to yours that the color green is starting to grow on me. That was a metaphorical comment by the way. I am beginning to appreciate it a little more. You might have noted that I painted all my deck railings and stair risers green. :D Dark green.

Alistair Hosie
09-15-2007, 11:02 AM
oops Evan that's a bad sign pal you need to get seasickness tablets that's what cured me.:D:D as said I only painted tools green which were originally green and I liked then to keep things as original as possible.Also most manufacturers seemed to prefer green at one time I don't know whay how many machines do we seem that are bright red,orange or yellow for example. Alistair

Too_Many_Tools
09-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Alistair, that's a nice, well equipped shop. But it's so CLEAN that it's almost disgusting. Send me some money, and I'll send you a box of assorted chips, dust, swarf, stringy curls of pvc, oily brass, some cast iron dust, and to sweeten the deal, I'll throw in some prime sawdust, freshly cut.

Send enough money, and I'll deliver it in person, and help spread it around your shop, so it will look more like mine.

Yeah...that clean shop has been bothering me too.

I bet I know what is going on....the shop is clean and presentable because it is HER SHOP and Alistair is only allowed to visit when he has been very, very good. ;<))))

Alistair if I were you I would stay on the good side of the wife, it is not everybody who has a good shop and great wife! When was the last time you bought her a new tool instead of just flowers and candy like the rest of the wives get? Might I suggest a really expensive machine tool to let her know that you love her. ;<)

TMT

Alistair Hosie
09-15-2007, 03:33 PM
gosh I am always buying her new tools :D:D she has just sent of to France for new clothes and has done very well .I bought both of us a new canon cameras last week so we can take shots for our hobbies Bronwen writes books she a has just written ther third.Alistair

sasquatch
09-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Nice Clean Tidy Shop, Alistair!! Very interesting,, thanks for posting the pics, much appreciated!!

You,ve Got a Cute Daughter there!!!

Ray in N. Ont.

Too_Many_Tools
09-15-2007, 11:06 PM
gosh I am always buying her new tools :D:D she has just sent of to France for new clothes and has done very well .I bought both of us a new canon cameras last week so we can take shots for our hobbies Bronwen writes books she a has just written ther third.Alistair

Brains AND Beauty....some guys have all the luck.

Does she have a sister? ;<)))))

TMT

Mike Burdick
09-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Alistair Hosie,

Very nice collection of tools! How about showing some pictures of the things you have made with them?