PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I buy one?

Dawai
09-18-2007, 12:22 PM
My meth dealer neighbors left with their 4 pittbulldogs. They left fleas hatching in the pine straw, I have had to spray three times the yard. (Damn I think I am back in Florida).

WHY can't I buy a dripper for my lawnmower to distribute the pesticide each time I mow. seems a perfect way, the blade is a blower too. It would cover the grass much better than I am with a wand.

Any ideas on plans? Why don't one of you guys invent one and patent it, send me a free trial copy.

Signed, Itchy and Scratchy.

(during the mideval times, fleas carried the plague, people who survived, some did because they carried a pug dog, the fleas like dog blood more than human, unless it is indian blood?) A paid servant would pick the fleas off the dog. Whoo hoo what a job.

pcarpenter
09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah....I don't think I want to end up wearing a bunch of pesticide the way I do grass, when I mow with my riding mower:D

They do make tow-behind herbicide sprayers for small tractors.

If you are using one of the diazinon replacements, they are available as pellets....and those can be spread with a cyclone spreader, which are available as a tow-behind implemement too.

Paul

Dawai
09-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Wearing it is one way to keep the buggers off your legs.. HA.. Hell I remember bathing in diesel fuel. Wiping the Pcb oil off my kleins. I got the lecture about the laquer thinner being in my kidneys in twenty seconds after dipping my hands in to clean my spray rig.

I don't think it'd be much worse than spraying it. The county trucks go around spraying it to kill mosquitoes.

We are all dying of something or another, I don't want to get to heaven with flea bites.

TGTool
09-18-2007, 12:59 PM
We are all dying of something or another, I don't want to get to heaven with flea bites.

Makes one wonder what heaven good little fleas go to. The bad fleas of course will be in the other place living on your ex neighbors. Hell for both of them.

BCtech
09-18-2007, 01:05 PM
One problem with that is the mower works as vacuum to pick up all the clippings, unless you're mulching. Might want to use a good mask and have a shower when you're done.

andy_b
09-18-2007, 01:49 PM
(during the mideval times, fleas carried the plague, people who survived, some did because they carried a pug dog, the fleas like dog blood more than human, unless it is indian blood?) A paid servant would pick the fleas off the dog. Whoo hoo what a job.

finally, a good use for those hideous pugs. if it was me, i'd carry one until it was full of fleas then toss it over the castle wall and grab another one.
:)

andy b.

Dawai
09-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Andy, My wheelchair bound neighbor would not die from cancer till he found someone to take care of them silly pugs he had. He loved them dearly.

They were so spoiled they'd run off with you chasing them, look over their shoulder and see you, run some more. Last time I chased one barefooted across posted private property I offered to break it's lil hind legs where it could not run so fast.

Dave, (my neighbor) did not ask me to look after them. I made him a wad of cash on some tattoo benefits, he paid a vet to look after them till they got adopted.

jkilroy
09-18-2007, 11:15 PM
"...the fleas like dog blood more than human, unless it is indian blood?"

Man, no doubt about that! I am about half Choctaw, both sides of the family tree, and fleas love me. I was walking past a dog kennel once, with a friend standing right next to me. I started to scratch like a fiend and pulled off my shirt, there were probably 200 fleas on my back. My buddy had ZERO fleas on him, so some people do have the curse, maybe that native american blood does it, don't know.

ahidley
09-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Search the net for "dragnet" its a bug spray . Get a quart for about $50. It mixes about 1 ounce to a gallon of water.... It works great. It even says you can spray it on rugs and pets too. It'll also kill your ants... Its like DDT

Alistair Hosie
09-19-2007, 05:58 PM
I have a rare blood group and we don't have fleas here in Scotland but midges or mosquitos as you call them eat me alive. When I first got married Bronwen thought I was a complete wimp when on camping holiday. I was found to complain constantly she could not understand as she was hardly bitten.Next daY however I was swollen up ,my eyes were fast closed all day so forget flease get your midges there the real buggers :DAlistair

aostling
09-20-2007, 02:55 AM
so forget flease get your midges there the real buggers :DAlistair

As BadDog and mochinist will attest, here in Phoenix the bad news is scorpions, inside the houses. Three of my friends have been stung, and they describe the pain as unremitting for several hours, followed by a numbness which lasts for a day. I stomped on one in my bare feet, thinking it was a cockroach on my bedroom carpet (I'm nearsighted). Somehow I killed it without getting stung. Found another hiding under my bathroom scale!

BadDog
09-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Yep, they can be nasty little buggers. I got stung by one last week, wearing sandals and messing around where a bunch of pine needles had collected. Fortunately, I am almost immune to common insect venoms (unlike my wife who would have been at the hospital, after an Epe' Pin just to survive the trip). I once got 38 identifiable hornet stings (small red dots, almost no welt on me), felt a little woozy, but being 30 minutes from the nearest hospital, I did not want to go. So I did nothing and was fine. With that as a comparison, this scorpion burned like I had been welding in sandals, but only for maybe 30 minutes. We won't talk about how I know what that feels like...