PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys!!

torker
09-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey all! I'm sure missing this old hangout! I still don't have the internet up in the bush at my new place and only get down here to move stuff every other day or so.
I gotta tell you....my new welding/fab business is doing very well. I don't know if it'll stay like this for long but it's crazy right now. Finally getting my machinery moved and set up. Only thing left is the old Ohio horizontal. I have no place to put it yet. The new shop is still a ways away but things are looking good for that also.
The motorcycle/atv/sled parts business is actually more of a pain in the butt than anything. Guys stopping by for their 10 dollar parts...costing me 60 bucks an hour while I babysit them.
I'll get you all some pics when I get the internet hooked up in a couple of weeks. Till then...take care everyone and be ready for a whole new batch of dumb questions when i get back here full time!
Russ

A.K. Boomer
09-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Was wondering where youv been, good to hear from you --- there was a welding question the other day and i said to myself "where the fuqe is torker when you need him..."

wierdscience
09-20-2007, 12:12 AM
That's ALL you been doing?:D Hurry up and get setup we want pictures!

Seriously,you need a cheap parts monkey to watch the store,no I mean a real monkey.If your place is like mine,he will be smarter than 90% of the customers,will work for bannanas and the ability to swing from the rafters is a plus(think 5lbs of crap in a 1lb box):D

Mcgyver
09-20-2007, 01:25 AM
hey Russ great to hear from you, glad things are going well. get us some pics when you can

Willy
09-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Been wondering how things were going for you Russ. I knew you would be busy as all get out just getting things moved and set up. Good to hear the welding and fab side is doing well, that's probably going to get busier once people get in the habit of going to the new shop in town, plus word of mouth goes a long way to bringing in new business.
Good luck Russ, looking foreword to the pics of your new digs.

Willy

BadDog
09-20-2007, 03:13 AM
Glad to hear from you again. And glad things are going well for you too. I hope it continues to improve...

Your Old Dog
09-20-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm with Mcgyver, some pics would buy you a lot of virtual beer on this site !! Good luck and remember, the customer is always right.................till you get his money, then and only then can you speak your mind :D

Another tip, when I was engraving I learned at a guild meeting that if you have a stool/chair for customers it will cause them to waste more of your time.

Dawai
09-20-2007, 08:14 AM
HI Russ..

You should be in Georgia, they want to trade you a old broken ATV and a bale of hay for motorcycle parts.

heavysteamer
09-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Southeastern BC must not be too far from our summer digs west of Ione, Washinton. Best of luck to you and your shop.

Alistair Hosie
09-20-2007, 07:58 PM
David Cofer how far are you from Savanah Georgia?Alistair

John Stevenson
09-20-2007, 08:23 PM
David Cofer how far are you from Savanah Georgia? Alistair

Is that one of your old girlfriends Alistair ?