PDA

View Full Version : My Mills calling out my name

A.K. Boomer
09-29-2007, 10:51 AM
I wonder how many of you others go through this, Is it because my mills in my basement? I dont know but besides a few RC airplane parts I really havent done anything on it all summer, but now the leaves are a changing, and its time to hunker down in the basement, nothing could be more fun than to be in a massive snow storm with my mill, (well almost nothing heh heh)

I guess I go through this every year now, in the summer I see it once in awhile and say to myself "why do I own this thing if I dont use it" then when it gets cold I look at it and smile, I think in the winter months that its a direct link to my sanity... or whats left of it...

Time to stop riding my bike as much and start working on the bike cranks again... Fall is for design work, re-calibrating, asking the big questions, and also giving thanks for the past year -- winter is for "gettin it done"...

I think my first move will be to complete my new dyno/trainer, a more advanced stable unit than the one I already have, My present crank proto/type should hold up for the testing on the new unit, but the long term is a total re-design --- one that actually uses an existing crank that I just incorporate my design into, that and after the testing of positions on the "variable" trainer a new geometry bike frame to match the "sweet spot" of the cranks.... I dont think i'll get even close to getting this all done before spring, Im no Sr. John:o --- progress is very slow, but steady and at least thats something. Happy hunkering everybody, may spring find you with either new toys or a wiser brain...:)

John Stevenson
09-29-2007, 12:03 PM
no Sir. John:o --- progress is very slow, but steady and at least thats something. Happy hunkering everybody, may spring find you with either new toys or a wiser brain...:)

Don't worry, I have been hobbled by Gert, pics at 9...........

Al Messer
09-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Wot are you going to do wif the excess paving materials??

A.K. Boomer
09-30-2007, 01:54 PM
That sounds like a problem, im usually adding or subtracting an extra 0 when i get into the 1/10ths scale and although it can surmount to a major screw up it ususally doesnt equate to "tons" of material:( hope you get it figured out,

Iv got a new twist this year, my little town has its first micro-brewery and is kicking out some pretty steller stuff, I buy it by the half gallon in "growlers",
I only own two growlers so I hope to keep a limit and not get too carried away while down in the mill room, what a great way to go though, no worries about recycling all those cans and bottles, just bring the jugs back for a re-fill...