PDA

View Full Version : we need longer & more descriptive titles

pasofino
10-16-2007, 11:03 AM
I love this site but don't always have the time to read all the posted threads, so I go through pretty fast and select only the ones that interest me, but a lot of the titles are so short that I really can't tell what they are about and as a result I skip them. I'm sure I am missing a lot of good info , but I don't have the time I would like to have.

Suggestion;
Instead of a title like "question"

How about a more descriptive tile such as
"How do you turn on a Lathe"

Any comments?

Fasttrack
10-16-2007, 11:17 AM
You know, if you hold your cursor/mouse/pointer whatever over the title of a post you can read like the first three or four lines of the post without opening it. Thats what i do to sort throught them.

tattoomike68
10-16-2007, 11:27 AM
You know, if you hold your cursor/mouse/pointer whatever over the title of a post you can read like the first three or four lines of the post without opening it. Thats what i do to sort throught them.

Yep thats called "preview on hover" and it works good.

Norman Atkinson
10-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I agree!
It is only in the past few hours that we have actually had two sets of post on Books- suggested reading- beginners and Books- suggested reading- improvers.

Nope, they were not headed that way.
It suggests that the last writer couldn't be arsed to read recent posts or was confused by the earlier title.

OK, fellas, stone me- but if you had to write an index or sets of indices, you would all have nervous breakdowns!

Alistair Hosie
10-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Kick their balls Norm:D:D:DAlistair