PDA

View Full Version : But what did you do today?

tony ennis
10-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Today, I went to a friends house. We're CNCing his chicom lathe. We made all the brackets over the last few weeks and were ready for our first test cut - and his pre-Columbus PC wouldn't boot. :rolleyes:

So now we decided, while he's deciding to fix or replace the PC, to add a manual control panel for the lathe. That was he can use (and test) his CNC gear.

Today, I made the control panel face. I went to the scrap pile and found a small 5-sided aluminium box. The original facing side was full of holes so I scavenged a printer's output tray and cut out a suitable chunk for a new face to be mounted to the 'open' side of the box. I drilled holes for 4 momentary switches, and two more for some pots for velocity control. And a bunch more holes for mounting and securing said components.

In the meantime my friend was soldering the controller hardware like a drunk monkey.

He'll have it all mounted and running by Tuesday, I'd wager.

Once his lathe is running I'll be able to repair my project lathe to the point it should work well enough to continue making parts I need.

-=-=-=-

Then I came home and continued cleaning out the basement which will become my new shoppe.

-----------

You?

rockrat
10-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Today? More truck work. This time I was finishing the drivers side manifold and I noticed that the brake line was a gigantic chunk of rust. I wondered when it would have given out on me.

So, 18' of brake line later, I was finished. All that was left was to blead the brakes out. Passenger side went off without a hitch. Drivers side bleader valve bolt broke off.

So you can imagine what I'll be up to tomorrow.

Anyhow, I drinking a Guinness now and its all good.

rock-

10-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Today I ran 60 ft of conduit to get 100 amp service in my addition then started pulling the wire. I got about 30 ran and got a snag, I need help to finish it tomorrow. Frist I push the wire then walk 60 ft to pull the snake then 60 ft back to push the wire. That makes for a long day...

TECHSHOP
10-21-2007, 12:03 AM
I've been "gone" from the site for about six weeks, so I am trying to "catch up" on all the new. An unexpected change (to mids) in the work schedule has really cut into "homeshop" time and the "extended" summer weather locally has focused my activities toward outdoor projects. I am waiting on a "shipment of stuff". Seems I never have enough "scrap" and "extra" pieces/parts to finish a "project" on time and under budget (I usually need to make four parts, have stock to make five parts, then screw up two parts). The unending "organizing" efforts of the shop have revealed a mouse problem, that is being resolved one rodent at a time.

Still have lumber and steel to store for the winter, the fun never stops in the home shop!

darryl
10-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Today- made a monopod to mount my camera on. Also tried to eliminate all that I could from the new computer so I wouldn't have to see all those icons for stuff I won't ever use. Tried to read all my old data cds to put pics all in one place on the computer.

None of it was completely sucessful. The monopod I can deal with easily. Some of my data I will have to consider lost, and probably the most unrewarding thing today is that I might have to live with some of the 'features' of vista. I'll have to study it more- that's what I'm doing now.

HWooldridge
10-21-2007, 01:00 AM
I finished these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/HWooldridge/FernAndirons.jpg

and:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/HWooldridge/AcornFireToolSet.jpg

lane
10-21-2007, 01:20 AM
I went to a garage sale , and to a flea market . The garage sale was a lot better . Got a big heavy 2 draw file cabinet but the draws are side by side instead of top and bottom. and on heavy casters . i like wheels. And only $5.00 Cleaned up and primed it will paint tomorrow.wife got a bunch of junk too. So we both happy.

mechanicalmagic
10-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Today I machined an adapter for my D1-4 headstock, to fit a removable 3 jaw chuck. I REALLY want machinable jaws. Got the adapter close, given that I had to use a dial caliper, probably a .001 undersise. TIR after install was .002. Not a problem, I want machinable jaws.

Oh, and I took two truck loads of tree parts to the dump, and got 8 panels of Hardy Backer for something SHE wants done.

Evan
10-21-2007, 01:37 AM
I worked on a business card for doing odd metal work jobs here and there.

Which one looks best?

http://vts.bc.ca/pics3/bcard1.jpg

http://vts.bc.ca/pics3/bcard2.jpg

http://vts.bc.ca/pics3/bcard3.jpg

Or, maybe I'll print all three.

aostling
10-21-2007, 01:47 AM
I worked on a business card for doing odd metal work jobs here and there.

Which one looks best?

http://vts.bc.ca/pics3/bcard1.jpg

This is the one which could pay the rent. What is it a drawing of? I see exhaust, strong, and start, but can't make out much more.

Evan
10-21-2007, 02:01 AM
It's my design for a reciprocating pneumatic power unit with variable stroke length and rate using a hydraulic control system. It could be used to power a variety of machines and should be very economical with the air.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/ppu1.gif

ProGunOne
10-21-2007, 02:43 AM
Evan, I like the first one. I did a complete brake job on my daughter and son-in-laws Explorer (new pads and turned all 4 rotors) gotta keep the kids and grand kids riding safe. In the evening I attended a welcome home party for my cousin who just returned from a tour in Iraq as a chopper pilot. It was a blast.

John Stevenson
10-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Laying bloody slabs [sigh]

Used 3-1/2 pallets, only 36-1/2 to go....................................

Timleech
10-21-2007, 05:30 AM
Spent the morning sorting out some electrical issues on the dredger.
British Waterways had to get it started before they could remove it from their dry-dock, it hadn't been run for 6 months.
They got a contractor in who used jump leads to get it going, it's one of those diesels with a stop solenoid which needs to be energised before the engine can run. The only way he found to do it was to remove the solenoid altogether. Took me a good while to work out that the reason the solenoid wouldn't operate is that it's a 2-stage affair & needs the starter button pressed to pull it in. Once in, it works on a lower holding current. There was nothing wrong with the wiring at all, or the batteries, just dirty contacts on the main battery isolator.

Spent the afternoon cutting off rivet heads in the bottom of a 70-year-old Narrow Boat, prior to renewing the bottom plate. This was working between my knees through a 20" gap in the floor, with a special rivet cutting nozzle in the OA torch.
Tomorrow it'll be trying to punch the rivets out with a big air hammer and cutting round the edges of the plate. If that won't work, I'll be lying under the boat with the OA torch cutting rings in the plate round each rivet, then trimming them off after the plate is removed. Sometimes this job is such fun :rolleyes:

Tim

oldtiffie
10-21-2007, 05:33 AM
Laying bloody slabs [sigh]

Used 3-1/2 pallets, only 36-1/2 to go....................................

John, if its any help - and I am sure it is - a "slab" here is 30 or 36 375ml "tinnies", or "stubbies" of ice cold Australian beer.

Or as they say here: "get THAT inta ya!!!!".

Speed it up - we are ahead of you in the "finished slab" count.

Yeah - ya right - Mum and Dad WERE a bit anxious to "get going"!!!!

aostling
10-21-2007, 05:36 AM
It's my design for a reciprocating pneumatic power unit with variable stroke length and rate using a hydraulic control system.

Very nice. Now I've gotta ask: what's your CAD package? I particularly like its cylindrical and spherical shading algorithms.

Evan
10-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Heh, I don't use cad much. That is drawn in Paint Shop Pro which has quite a few (but limited) CAD features hidden deep inside. Before JASC software was subsumed by Corel I was a software tester for them for a couple of years.

IOWOLF
10-21-2007, 07:30 AM
This really sounds like a "Lookie what I did today" thread.

Your Old Dog
10-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I was feeling so good it scared me so I read all the old IOWOLF post that I could find and it brought me back to my regular self :D

(did I get everything spelled right?)

What did I do? Well, I'm trying to figure out how to remove a 1/4 thick frame of Plexiglas off our new Sony 40" HDTV so it will fit in an entertainment I built years ago. She keeps asking me how I'm going to do it and I ain't got the heart to tell her with either the Sawzall or a Dremel !! Spent a lot of time trying to figure out and wire a completely new entertainment center and things aren't going well. To make matters worse, SWMBO is getting that worried look on her face !!

IOWOLF
10-21-2007, 09:24 AM
So, YOD it sounds like you have done nothing but bitch about me.:)

Mcgyver
10-21-2007, 09:34 AM
HWooldridge, those look great! i wish you'd post more pics and descriptions on how they're made, don't know much about forge work but it looks interesting.

I was making a set of turnbuckles. They'll become part of the toggle mechanism on my spot welder so i can adjust the height and clamping force. Left hand female threads made with a home made tap 1/2" NF tap made awhile ago. Dang it, no matter what i did i couldn't get the left hand male thread on the lathe to thread into the left hand thread. after a couple of attempts at cutting the thread in the lathe and lots of cursing, I realize 1/2 NF are not 24 tpi. Argg.

Your Old Dog
10-21-2007, 09:38 AM

Naw that ain't true at all, I've decided to trim the plastic off the TV with my Sawzall, what the hell, it's the chrome plated Diamond Anniversary edition Sawzall and it should be worth of a new Sony :D

But I'll admit, you make a good target with the stick in the eye comments you sometimes make. I must have miss-read yours because I thought you were making fun of guys saying what they did when asked. Sort of like a bunch of old retired geezers sitting at a McDonalds Restaurant at 10AM in the morning with nothing else to talk about so they carry on conversations just like this :rolleyes: Just something to talk about and trying to poke some more stick in the eye humour back.

IOWOLF
10-21-2007, 09:40 AM
No, You hit the nail on the head. ;)

tony ennis
10-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Sort of like a bunch of old retired geezers sitting at a McDonalds Restaurant at 10AM in the morning with nothing else to talk about

Ouch. Man I wouldn't slam a door that hard.

Hey, would you get me an extra napkin next time you're up?

wierdscience
10-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I re-re-modified a cherry picker so I would work like I wanted it to(BETTER)and elininate 50lbs of usless junk someone else globbed on:D

Rustybolt
10-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Went duck hunting this morning. Very few ducks. No shots, but a nice day on the water.
This afternoon I'm going to get a cheapo computer to see if I can get Mach3 to turn my motors.

cybor462
10-21-2007, 12:10 PM
It should read "What do you want to do today!"

I want to take the Harley out since its 75 today, I also want to finish up some tooling I am working on, I need to draw some more tools I will be making in the upcoming weeks, oh yeah, I need to clean the shop, wash the cars and truck, the bike, winterize the lawn equipment, pull the snowblower out of the back of the shed and get it ready, change the oil, wow I am already tired! and I have not got out the door yet:D

speedsport
10-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Finished the roof on the small building that will house the compressor, refridgerated air dryer, powdercoat and paint booth. Now I gotta run conduit and 8ga wiring to a subpanel that I have yet to purchase. Maybe by spring I will be making chips and other stuff.

cybor462
10-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Finished the roof on the small building that will house the compressor, refridgerated air dryer, powdercoat and paint booth. Now I gotta run conduit and 8ga wiring to a subpanel that I have yet to purchase. Maybe by spring I will be making chips and other stuff.

Don't feel bad, I am going to use a large prebuilt shed
to use as a paint booth and powder coat booth. All I have so far is a frame for the concrete floor. I hope to get that by spring as well.

ligito
10-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I was feeling so good it scared me so I read all the old IOWOLF post that I could find and it brought me back to my regular self :D

(did I get everything spelled right?)

What did I do? Well, I'm trying to figure out how to remove a 1/4 thick frame of Plexiglas off our new Sony 40" HDTV so it will fit in an entertainment I built years ago. She keeps asking me how I'm going to do it and I ain't got the heart to tell her with either the Sawzall or a Dremel !! Spent a lot of time trying to figure out and wire a completely new entertainment center and things aren't going well. To make matters worse, SWMBO is getting that worried look on her face !!

You need an "s" on the end of the word "post" and insert "center", after the first entertainment.:)

ligito
10-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Sounds like YOD is on the right track.:D

Al Messer
10-21-2007, 03:48 PM
I did two loads of laundry and took off another .093" from a workpiece with the little SB7 Shaper.

halac
10-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Yesterday I started to do some of the initial prep work for building the shop room within a shop building.

The previous owner of the shop had a bathroom built in one corner. The building is 30' x 40' metal skinned structure with no insulation. When he put in the toilet he set the drain pipe so the tank was right up against the wall. The toilet looks like has been frozen several times to the point I'm afraid to sit on it from fear of it shattering.

In order to put my new insulated shop walls up I will have to move the drain pipe about 14 - 18" further inside for everything to clear. I spent most of the day breaking the 6" thick concrete slab to expose about an 18" by 24" hole.

Man, that 70 lb. electric jack hammer just about whupped my a**. I'm still a bit sore today. Next step is to move where the water and electric come into the building.

Michael Edwards
10-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Evan,

Your air/oil control system is interesting. The hydraulic side gives the controlability that air systems need. I have a couple of questions about the hydraulic side of your drawing. First, I see that during main piston rod extension, oil is forced up thru the stroke speed needle valve which controls the speed of extension, but it looks to me like during retraction there is no control of stroke speed. The cone on the end of the stroke length shaft doesn't look like it travels with the main rod, so it will pass oil as fast as the check ball assembly in the rod will allow. Also curious about oil seals on stroke speed and stroke length shafts. As they say, a pic is worth a 1000 words, do you have a drawing that shows full extension? Looks like a nice compact design, as drawn it looks easy to get typ hyd system pressures from shop air pressure due to piston area differences. Very nice. :)

ME

lazlo
10-21-2007, 06:19 PM
What did I do today? MIG welded for 9 hours. My Son was born three weeks ago, so this on 3 hours of highly interrupted sleep :)

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/rtgeorge_album/MIGWelds.jpg

T-joint, 11 gauge mild steel.

Uncle O
10-21-2007, 06:32 PM
I mowed the lawn, front and back, took some junk out to the curb for the scrap man to take, and went to the local home despot to get some more insulation for the garage. Maybe, just maybe I won't freeze my #%s off this winter....

Al Messer
10-21-2007, 08:26 PM
So the wee lad has his days and nights mixed up? Been there and done that!!!!

Al Messer
10-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Uncle O, What kind of heat are you/have you installed? I've got a wall hanging Propane heater that does a great job.

Doc Nickel
10-21-2007, 09:02 PM
I had a one night stand.

Well, it's taken me two nights so far, but that doesn't sound as good. :D

First night, about 3-1/2 hours, I'd made the bulk of it:

http://www.docsmachine.com/fabshop/1ns4.jpg

Yes, I know that's an ugly photo. It's about the only spot in the shop I had to work on it (and thus photograph it) and in the unadulterated shot, the Atlas mill behind it was distracting- you couldn't tell where the grinder stopped and the mill started.

So I just very roughly selected it and blurred it in a graphics program. Not pretty, but it worked, and I'll have better shots once the whole thing's done.

Anyway, it's a Lisle drill sharpener, and I needed a stand for it. Instead of the usual pipe-and-car-rim stand that everyone likes, I figured I'd build something proper and dedicated.

Some scrap 10-ga plate, a chunk of 4" square tubing (the only part I had to actually buy besides the paint materials) and a few minutes with a MIG and there ya go.

After that, I added feet with rubber pads (four feet, one is externally adjustable so it won't wobble on my uneven floors) a tray for drills and tools, and two big slabs of 5/8" plate tack-welded underneath to ballast it.

Then I hit it with a little bondo, some spot putty, and some primer:

http://www.docsmachine.com/fabshop/1ns16.jpg

So far I zapped it with some RustOleum "Light Machine Grey", but it's too light- almost newsprint grey. In the next day or two I'll be giving it a last coat of some "Dark Machine Grey" in hopes it'll better match the grinder, the two lathes, the Jet mill, and some of the other tooling in the shop. :)

Doc.

Willy
10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Doc, that's not a one night stand...it's one nice stand, looks good!

What did I do? Well finally got most of the pieces for my transmission out of my truck back, so I started putting it back together.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/250willy/IM002373.jpg

And as Baddog stated in a previous thread...it's nice to have a machine shop in the back yard. I'm thankful for the tools I have so that I can make other specialized tools that I would not be able to justify buying for a job like this. Also it's nice to have precision measuring equipment to check critical tolerances.

Hey wait a minute, I should be posting this on Baddog's thread.:D

J Tiers
10-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Lessee....

Starting with Sunday stuff, then

moved a bush about 500 feet from it's previous location

reassembled the head, flywheel, magneto and starter on the small generator, and verified it will run. Now I know it's worth buying a muffler and carb rebuild kit.

Installed a bunch of software I need to evaluate.

Cleared up in the shed.

Planted a bunch of stuff.

Fixed the pond cover

Worked on a neighbor's house issues.

And, apparently P/o'd Toasty......

Full day I'd guess.

Haven't turned on a machine in the shop yet, although if I get time, I'm going to make some fixtures for grinding gravers.

tony ennis
10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I finished painting the porch today, then moved a lot of moldy stinky dirty stuff out of my basement.

I am relieved to be done with the porch, I can not believe how long it took to apply 1/2 gallon of paint. We have 1.5" x 1.5" pickets/slats/whatever. Blah.

Looks nice.

But that means I have a half gallon of white latex. I'm going to paint my basement shop walls white. :D With a roller and extreme neatness not being a factor, I bet it goes fast!

wierdscience
10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I did two loads of laundry and took off another .093" from a workpiece with the little SB7 Shaper.

GOLD!GOLD I TELL'S YA!

You married guys out there just missed a very valuable piece of information passed on to you by Al Messer.

If you need a justification to the wife for buying a new shaper tell her it will help you do the laundry:D:D

tony ennis
10-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I've always done our laundry (did some today in fact.) My wife ruins laundry. She makes a vat of soup to die for, however, so I'm ok with it.

*runs downstairs to get another helping*

Evan
10-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Since I retired I have been doing a lot of the housework including laundry. However, I have found creative uses for power tools when the wife is not around. A cordless leaf blower does an ace job of "sweeping" the basement stairs... :D

J Tiers
10-21-2007, 11:00 PM
GOLD!GOLD I TELL'S YA!

You married guys out there just missed a very valuable piece of information passed on to you by Al Messer.

If you need a justification to the wife for buying a new shaper tell her it will help you do the laundry:D:D

Only if your shop is in the same area as the laundry...... But, remember to wash hands, and brush off chips from yourself before doing anything with the laundry. Especially if it includes any of her clothes........

Just ONE chip will cause a major problem, I can guarantee that.

wierdscience
10-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Only if your shop is in the same area as the laundry...... But, remember to wash hands, and brush off chips from yourself before doing anything with the laundry. Especially if it includes any of her clothes........

Just ONE chip will cause a major problem, I can guarantee that.

I didn't say tell the truth;)

platypus2020
10-21-2007, 11:27 PM
I spent most of the day on the phone with AT&T and Apple trying to get a new i-phone to work.

jack

mechanicalmagic
10-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Speaking of things NOT to tell the other half.

When I was prepping the house for paint a few years back, I pressure washed the outside. And on the way by, went in the bedroom door, and into the master bath. Let me tell you, that sucker did a great job on soap scum.

tattoomike68
10-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Speaking of things NOT to tell the other half.

When I was prepping the house for paint a few years back, I pressure washed the outside. And on the way by, went in the bedroom door, and into the master bath. Let me tell you, that sucker did a great job on soap scum.

Oooooo... Good idea. I hate scrubbing the tub and shower.

BadDog
10-22-2007, 03:35 AM
What the heck, I'll jump in too...

Hmm, where to start.

Made some changes to my rock-crawler buggy in preparation for selling it next Saturday (guy coming with trailer <sigh> <sniff>).

Modified a Sandvik parting tool holder to fit in my Royal Turret (5/8" max) and AX/100 quick change (1/2" max).

Built a "hard mount" for my Bridgeport. Basically, a bar of 1.25 x 2 aluminum with dove-tail clamps that hang from the front of the ram dove-tails (behind the quill/head). This will provide mounting points for a variety of things, including:

A vacume attachment for evacuating chip piles. This was the prime motivator since, without flood coolant, I've had several ruined finishes lately due to chips piling up.

A possible mister (non-fog) for use, mainly on aluminum.

A vise hanger thingy

The swing arm lamp that currently sets too close to the ram and bumps sometimes when trying to put it where I want it. This will let me mount it further out and at a more convenient height.

An extra back splash thing to further reduce chips going back behind the mill/lathe.

Whatever else I may dream up

John Stevenson
10-22-2007, 03:56 AM
Nuvver pallet of slabs.......................sigh.........

Got the prototype Chinese CNC mill air cutting a 50 mm square with speed changes on each corner, then go back to start and repeat.

Let that run on it's own for 4 hours and checked zero point.. bang on.

Need to do a bit of tidying up on cases, wiring etc.

Uncle O
10-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Uncle O, What kind of heat are you/have you installed? I've got a wall hanging Propane heater that does a great job.

Al,
I have a Propane heater as well, but it is a small portable one. It did a fair job last winter, but with only the walls insulated, all the heat just went out the roof. Now I have the the roof about 80% done, and you can feel a difference when you walk in. That leaves just the draffty windows and the doors left to do. :D

Wish I had some extra money last year to run a gas line when I put the electric in.

speedy
10-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Lets see.
Fed my daughters dog and cat:) Went to the town centre to check out the cars in this years Targa Rally and catch up with an old coot who is crewing on a Ferrari:D - hopefully he will have a yarn or two to recount on his return. Went shopping for new dinnerware with the missus :eek:

Malc-Y
10-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Unfortunately I have done bugger all since Friday as I have been struck down by a vicious bug that that has kept me confined to the house. Been to see my Doctor twice and am on a course of antibiotics. Symptoms are a violent cough but no cold, sometimes feeling very hot or very cold, dificulty in keeping anything down and a general feeling of lethargy.

Miserable Malc. :(

Evan
10-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Well, I finally finished installing insulation in the attic of my shop. It's about time as I have been putting it off for about 20 years. :rolleyes:

The nice thing about it is the effect is immediate. Now, even though it was below freezing yesterday the shop is at shirtsleeve temperature and I don't even have a heater in it, just a small vent to the gas and wood stove room. At least when I built it I was thinking ahead and the big barn doors have R7 foam insulation in them. It's going to be very nice to have such expanded shop space available this winter.

topct
10-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Trying out this arbor I got from LMS. It lets me use my Taig lathe chucks and collets on my SB9. Thats a carb float needle for a little Honda. They get a groove in them and I can polish it off and save myself money.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/topct/P1010005.jpg

Ausserdog
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Started by putting another coat of poly on the re-veneered (Bubinga) dash for the TR6. Then put the car on the lift and started scraping 36 years of gunk off the bottom of the floors and frame. I do love California cars - NO rust! The frame is still covered in the factory black paint and the bottom of the floor boards are still painted red. :D

Then fired up the lathe to make some crankshaft sleeves for a buddies MGA rear engine seal conversion. Original car had a scroll seal which works well until the crank bearings go, then the crank hits the block - not good! He's been measuring oil consumption in gallons per trip....

Had a club member pick up a used radiator for his MG. Then tossed an old hood in the shed.

Fixed the remote for the in-laws garage door.

Cleaned out the upstairs hall getting ready to put in oak flooring.

Just a typical day around here.

andy_b
10-22-2007, 03:06 PM
A cordless leaf blower does an ace job of "sweeping" the basement stairs... :D

or "tidying up around the place" if you happen to be an assistant greens-keeper and live in a shed.:)

andy b.

Doc Nickel
10-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Finally finished the now-inaccurately-named One Night Stand:

http://www.docsmachine.com/fabshop/1ns18.jpg

Resprayed it with the Dark Machine Grey (Light Machine Grey was too light- almost newspaper tone) which is almost an exact match for the grinder (and some of the other tools, like the Sioux valve grinder in the background) found some low-nap automotive carpet to line the tray (it's even grey carpet) and so it's finally finished.

See that hole in the back corner of the base? That's for the externally-adjustable fourth foot, to compensate for uneven floors (and every floor in this place is uneven.) Works great, stand's stable as a rock.

Doc.

tony ennis
10-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Just cleaned more of the basement for the future shop. It's going to be raining all week so I can't take the crapola outside. And the garbage collection company told us they wouldn't appreciate a basement full o' crap in one week. So I'll have to stage it out. I'll probably focus on my little corner and move the trash to one area so I don't stay stonewalled.

I took apart my project lathe's tailstock. Found more evidence that the old girl's been dropped. But it is fixable.

thistle
10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
got the tip off - lathe turret , and face plate in the dump.......
came back one piece 8 inchround by 4 feet steel , one 12 inround, by 18 inch
one new D1-6 face plate(yay) , old style square toolpost turret(bah) 5 inch pipe center .........................

tony ennis
10-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Took a load of basement stuff to Goodwill. I'm edging ever-closer to Metal Shop v1.0

Finally finished disassembling the splendor that is my tailstock :eek: