PDA

View Full Version : GPS educational tele Wired Science

Dawai
10-24-2007, 09:06 PM
I just watched a show on educational tele called "Wired science". VERY up to date. first part about home made UAV's by people like us.. Done cheaply

I really enjoyed it. You should look it up to see if it comes on in your area. I have dish network. It may be on yours too.

wierdscience
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Ya,just watched too,well most of it anyway.

Pretty good show,did I see right they were using a camera phone to get real time video on the UAV's?

oldtiffie
10-24-2007, 11:00 PM
I just watched a show on educational tele called "Wired science". VERY up to date. first part about home made UAV's by people like us.. Done cheaply

I really enjoyed it. You should look it up to see if it comes on in your area. I have dish network. It may be on yours too.

Hi David.

Thanks.

UAV's - wazzat? thought I - so "Googled" it:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=uav&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

and went to Wikipedia - where else? and:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_aerial_vehicle

Fascinating.

I've seen these on our TV - usually on the news and mostly military - with a few exceptions.

In the Navy we had Pilotless Target Air-craft (PTA) - but they are light years behind the UAV's.

mayfieldtm
10-25-2007, 09:35 AM
I've been reading it as 'Wierd' Science.

How bout that dot matrix printer that prints out organs?
They showed a miniature heart that was beating.

My wife was blubbering something about that I could rig up a printer and make me a bigger you-know-what.
I just acted like I didn't hear her.

Tom M.

Alistair Hosie
10-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Tom she wants more than two whole inches:DAlistair

HTRN
10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
I caught the first bit of it(about the UAV's) and then dozed off.

I thought it was very interesting, and the idea of fooling around with one of those cheap electric R/C Planes makes it even more appealing. Spark Fun even has a UAV Development board. (http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=707)

That Government project on the show(The one using the Japanese Crop dusting R/C Helos, made by Toshiba IIRC), has wider implications - How long before the whole package is made portable, armed, and used in the field? An Enemy that can't hide from us during Urban warfare just lost the biggest advantage.

HTRN

ckelloug
10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Hate to say this but the armed UAV is already in the field. Predator is one. IIRC the CIA took a pot shot at Bin Laden with a hellfire missile on a predator but missed by about 20 feet some years back.

--Cameron

Dawai
10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
I dvr'ed it.. going to burn it to a dvd... There is a show coming on Sunday night at 8pm about the dying off honey bees. (different show) I may rig up the auto-record function for the wired science show thou.

Do you realize how much we depend on the lowly bee to pollinate crops? Rumors is that is a pesticide hybrid corn that kills bugs.. the bee is just a extra kill.

There are pills that increase the male organ.. why? I have enough fun, any more might kill me dead.. Most senior men die in bed having sex, or on the toilet. I guess both are a moving experience?

Cameron: NOT a public version hacked out of toy airplanes.... Cheap.. one guy was complaining about having 2k in his version.. OKAY.. I know people who have crashed 2k worth of rc helicopters in a minute or less. These are built by home shop machinists..