View Full Version : Small Stone Points, Meaning of Groups

Paul Alciatore
10-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I am looking at purchasing some small mounted stone points, under 1/4" diameter, for finishing the inside of a small tapered bore. The Enco catalog has a number of them listed (2007, P150-151). There are two "group" types, Group B and Group W. They do not list any grit numbers for them.

What do the Group types mean? Does it translate to a grit size? Or a quality level? Or what? Is there a reference (preferably on line) to this designation?

I intend to search my other catalogs and on line sources. Are there any other good sources for this kind of tool? Please do not say dentists. I know about that one. I really want to be able to specify what I am getting and know what it should and should not do. I would particularly like to be able to know/specify the grit size.

10-29-2007, 07:52 AM
I think the designations you are asking about are the "standard shapes". I am unsure if these links are a "complete" list of the shapes, but should get you started. No connection to any of these, blah, blah, blah...