PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise lathe

Anvils
10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
I am looking for information on an Enterprise lathe. It was purchased in 1976.
Is it imported? from where? Were (are) they any good. I would guess that it is one that if something breaks you had better be able to make it but someone may know of a parts source. Any information would be appreciated
Norm

tattoomike68
10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
The first lathe I ran In college was an Enterprise in the 14 X 40 size range. Its was a fine machine. I dont know where it was made.

If you get a chance to buy one in good shape get it.

Stepside
10-30-2007, 09:56 PM
The 15 x 30 enterprise I had in the school shop was built in India. It survived 30 years in a school shop. It wasn't pretty but it was tough.

My 13 x 30 home lathe is also an Enterprise built in India in the early 1970's and is a good lathe also.

The rumor about the Enterprise lathe in the USA is that the importer got into some kind of trouble with the Feds and thats why there are no parts for them in this country. At one time there was sombody in Texas with parts or maybe that too is a rumor.

I have the manual for the 13 x30 if that would be of help.

Pete

Stepside
10-30-2007, 09:57 PM
The 15 x 30 enterprise I had in the school shop was built in India. It survived 30 years in a school shop. Iwasn't pretty but it was tough.

My 13 x 30 home lathe is also an Enterprise built in India in the early 1970's and is a good lathe also.

The rumor about the Enterprise lathe in the USA is that the importer got into some kind of trouble with the Feds and thats why there are no parts for them in this country. At one time there was sombody in Texas with parts or maybe that too is a rumor.

I have the manual for the 13 x30 if that would be of help.

Pete

J. Randall
10-30-2007, 11:15 PM
I ran a small one in a votech shop, I think it was a 12'" swing. I liked it better than the SB heavy ten that they had. Although I never used the metric, I think it was inch or metric.
James