PDA

View Full Version : kind of OT - stainless wood screw sources?

andy_b
11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
i am working on a project (that doesn't require any metalworking machines, unfortunately) and need a bunch of stainless screws. what would be perfect would be 1" 12-24 wood screws with the tapered heads to fit in countersunk holes. #10 would also work. any ideas for a source? i checked fleabay and only turned up 2"-4" decking screws or machine screws, neither of which will work. anyone know of anyplace to get these online? the local home improvement store has a small variety, but they are about $1 apiece. if i needed two i would buy them there, but i need about 100.

andy b.

mbensema
11-05-2007, 04:16 PM
McMaster- Carr has them

www.mcmaster.com

kendall
11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Too bad you're not close by, I have a thousand or so in the shop collected from work

Check boat supply shops (not west marine, too expensive there)

If you're willing to do a bit of scrounging, check around some construction sites while they're hanging doors, all the hinge packs have an equal amount of wood screws and metal screws in stainless, and half of them aren't used. which means they toss 24 screws per door. If steel doors and jambs they toss all the wood screws. I kept some boating people supplied with screws for quite a while because of that.

Ken.

SmokeMaster
11-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Check out McFeely's.
Good products and prices, with exceptional service

www.McFeelys.com

Lew Hartswick
11-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Check out McFeely's.
Good products and prices, with exceptional service

www.McFeelys.com (http://www.McFeelys.com)

I can second that.
...lew...