PDA

View Full Version : Any Rambold users, info out there?

Frank Ford
11-16-2007, 07:40 PM
You might have seen this incredibly cute lathe on eBay recently. (You might also have noticed I posted this over on the PM forum.)

It now resides in my shop after a quick trip from Colorado:

http://www.frets.com/ForumPix/rambold.jpg

Apart from the Tony Griffiths Machine Tool Archive, I haven't found any manuals, literature or info on this fine tool. Mine came from the most accommodating eBay seller imaginable (because he's a home shop machinist, of course) and it seems nice and tight with a good repaint. I'll be getting a phase converter to run it soon.

Nominally, it's a six inch swing, and the maximum diameter collet is 12mm, which generally suits my needs, so I'll be looking forward to cranking out guitar bridge pins and other batches of small items.

I would like to find more info, parts list, etc. Naturally it would be great to locate some of the other accessories like the compound slide or drawtube collet closer.

wierdscience
11-16-2007, 07:45 PM
No help here,but congrats on one real cute turret lathe.

PHiers
11-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Durn that is one cute lathe! :) What size tools does the turret take?

JRouche
11-16-2007, 08:59 PM
I was gonna use cute too, but already been said. But it is cute as a button. And stout as heck too. Wont find that much iron in many full length lathes of its size. Fast too. I like it!!! JRouche

Frank Ford
11-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I have a pal who's been trying to get me into Levin lathes. They are way cute, and well built, too, but really small. The thing that immediately attracted me to this one is that the turret takes regular 5/8 shank tools - same as the Hardinge turret I adapted for my Sharp HLV clone.

Bguns
11-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Looks like they only make measuring equipment now, but a question direct to this outfit ought to get you somewhere.. :) : same city .. http://www.rambold-messgeraete.de/

moldmonkey
11-24-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm bumping this thread since it came up in Torker's 2nd Op lathe thread.