PDA

View Full Version : OOOOPSS!! Steam roller get dropped on car - YouTube vid

mlucek
11-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Can you say OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSS ??

Steam roller get dropped on car

Crane lifting a steam roller tips and drops load on a parked car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36LrRewRXbU

Carld
11-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm sure that was a pressing issue for the owner of the car. It seems the crane may have over extended it's self in capacity at length. Looks like a job for the capicators board of inquision.

Dawai
11-17-2007, 04:55 PM
That's the reason why they put computers into cranes now. They do the math in case the operator is incapable. AS long as the angle is high enough, that crane could lift that roller.

When the extension exceeds the counterbalance.. oops. I was working with two cranes lifting a 12 ton 112' archimedes (near 80 feet extension) screw lift pump from a sewage plant.. the oak foot boards the outriggers were set on failed.. started cracking and the crane operator did what he was supposed to do, save the crane. I was somewhere else when the screw hit concrete.

bhjones
11-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Sorry, I can't resist David.

I guess the **** hit the fan... and everything else when that pump hit the ground.

macona
11-18-2007, 04:32 AM
I bet they gave him a lot of crap about that one! ;)

Malc-Y
11-18-2007, 04:56 AM
Sorry to be pedantic, but if that's a steam roller, where is the boiler etc. that is an essential part of any steam powered machine???

Malc.

John Stevenson
11-18-2007, 06:11 AM
This is a steam roller.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevenson.engineers/lsteve/hidden/fowler.jpg

Funnily enough when we used to go down the pub on Sunday dinnertime as we pulled up the car park was always full, As we reversed in though it was always empty :rolleyes: Never worked that one out.

True story.

We often got asked to attend private functions with the engine and the old fairground organ that the local scrap men owned. One day we were doing this rather up market do at some posh mansion.
They had the usual home made jam stalls, bring and buy and the usual white elephant stall [ stuff no one wants ]
So Malc, the scrapie, and myself, in all our glorious sht and grease, were wandering around and we saw that in the queue for the white elephant stall women we making for this what looked like new suede jacket, looked at it and put it back only for the next person to do the same.

When we got there Malc picked this up and looked at it and it was obvious what was wrong with it.. It was brand new and a large size but they had sewn a pair of child's sleeves on the body !!

Malc asked "How much?" was told 10 pence and bought it.
He then whipped out this 8" bowie type knife, hacked the sleeves off, threw them back on the stall and put his new suede body warmer on........................

We were never asked back ?

Alistair Hosie
11-18-2007, 07:11 AM
sounds like a viviene westwood discovery John :D:DAlistair

Your Old Dog
11-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Sorry to be pedantic, but if that's a steam roller, where is the boiler etc. that is an essential part of any steam powered machine???

Malc.

In the US the name never changed for many of us. A rose by any other name would still crush the hell out of your toes !! Tell me a steam roller is coming and I'll find somewhere else to be in a hurry.