X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torker
    • Dec 2003

Another revisit...workboots???

My 11 month old Cat boots have fallen apart yet again. I like them for comfort but the stitching keeps coming out (all over the boots...not just where it gets burnt). I hate getting burnt from welding sizzlers. Foot burns take forever to heal and are very prone to infection.
    So...what's new in workboots?
    I have tools I don't even know I own...
  • Bob Ford
    • Dec 2006

Take a look at Danner. Portland Oregon. Welding I would only look at lace up leather.
    Bob

Comment

• motomoron
      • Jun 2006

Redwing and Carolina.
      "Lay on ground-light fuse-get away"

Comment

• torker
        • Dec 2003

Bob, My old hunting boots are Danners. By far the best boots I've ever owned. Only problem with them is the place that used to sell them here burned to the ground a few years back.
        Ya...I always buy lace up leather boots and change the laces out for leather ones right away.
        I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

• Bob Ford
          • Dec 2006

Torker
          If you know any linemen ask where they get boots. They are made out of the same tuff leather. You would find super heavy and a lighter light duty boots. If you are on the spurs all day you need the heavy. The light would be like the Danners. Did line work when I was a youngster.
          Bob

Comment

• LG
            • Oct 2004

Torker
            Try "Steel Blue" they will outlast any US made Boot and they have the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) 'Seal of Acceptance'. They are available from
            Trav's Outfitter Inc
            1631 3rd Ave S.W
            WaterTown
            South Dakota, 57201
            Tel: 605 882 1739
            Email: [email protected]
            Online Store: www.travsoutfitter.com

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by LG
              Torker
              Try "Steel Blue" they will outlast any US made Boot and they have the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) 'Seal of Acceptance'. They are available from
              Trav's Outfitter Inc
              1631 3rd Ave S.W
              WaterTown
              South Dakota, 57201
              Tel: 605 882 1739
              Email: [email protected]
              Online Store: www.travsoutfitter.com

Lee

I do hope you realize that the site you just posted and the product that you have just recommended, is actually made in AUSTRALIA.

Shame on you for recommending some other countries product, as being better than anything that is Made In USA.

Got to admit that they are a bloody good boot tho', wear 'em meself, OH, thanks for putting them at the top of the list and yep, I'm a proud Aussie.

Comment

• asallwey
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Bob Ford
                Take a look at Danner. Portland Oregon. Welding I would only look at lace up leather.
                Bob
                I believe I saw some at the Redwing store that have a flap that covers the laces. Might be something to consider.

Comment

• Marc M
                  • Dec 2006

I'm a big Redwing fan. Best boots I've ever had. I've tried most of the common brands and nothing has held up as well as Redwings. When I started working 12's, my feet were so sore by the end of my shift I could barely drive home. I tried the Sole® brand inserts (from a RedWing store) that you stick in the oven then shove in your boots and stand till they cool down. I've got to say, they made a noticeable difference. My feet were still sore, but not nearly as bad as they were before. The combination of the 2 has made the most comfortable boots I've ever owned.
                  The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Fasttrack
                    • Jul 2005

I've had my pair of wolves for three years... they go with me everywhere from walking around campus, to sitting in school, to being on me feet all day during the summers on the farm. They are just now starting to come apart - the wellington is seperating because they were a little big and my heel rubs on the seam.

Anyhow, they are "pull on" type which i prefer for welding. If you wear heavy denim then the pant legs fall over the wellington and keep stuff from getting in there. My lace up pair would still allow sparks (really drops of metal) to get in at my foot around the tongue.

These work boots have ANSI approved electrical hazard rating, steel toe, oil resistant sole, etc. Very nice for the money. Probably not as nice as the lineman boots though ...

Comment

• C - ROSS
                      • Nov 2004

Torker

Just my 2c worth.

I only wear high heal western (cowboy) boots, not too comfortable and cold as the dickens but no sparks in the feet. I like then in the shop but usually go through two pair a year. Have to wear them because of my back, if I don't wear them this week I can't walk next week.

Ross
                      GUNS Don't kill people
                      Drivers using cell phones do.

Comment

• lazlo
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by radish1us
                        I do hope you realize that the site you just posted and the product that you have just recommended, is actually made in AUSTRALIA.

Shame on you for recommending some other countries product, as being better than anything that is Made In USA.
                        I think many (most) of us here don't care where the product comes from, as long as it doesn't suck.

I have the same black Caterpillar steel toes that Torker is talking about, but I haven't come close to wearing them out yet. Of course, I'm a weekend-warrior, so it'll take me years to catch up to Torker
                        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• kc5ezc
                          • Mar 2001

Am using a pair of pull-on Red Wing, steel toe, waterproof, ANSI approved electrical, and etc. Model appears to be 2230. No more wet feet! They have stood up to all sorts of rough farm, welding, and shop use. Kind of high at $160US, but should last a couple of year at least. Oh yeah, made in USA (from imported materials)
                          John Burchett
                          in Byng OK
                          John Burchett
                          in Byng OK

Comment

• sconisbee
                            • Aug 2006

I use rigger boots, cheap comfy, fleece lined and perfect for welding in combination with thick jeans

Comment

• wierdscience
                              • Jan 2003

I wore Cat boots,until I started buying Bates which I believe is made by Wolverine.
                              I found the Cat boots to be heavy,these are much lighter and put together better.I can get nearly 2 years out of them working on concrete.

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X