PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever build a page/flyer folder?

SGW
12-09-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm having a recollection, possibly totally imaginary, that at some point in the past there were a few posts about building a page folder for putting together 8 1/2 x 11 flyers for mailing. I've searched the archives and can't find any reference to it though. Does anybody else remember this, can anybody else find the relevant posts, does anybody have any thoughts about how one might go about building such a thing?

Our church secretary is getting tired of folding newsletters and orders of service by hand....

jdunmyer
12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Never seen plans for one, but I've bought them. Pitney-Bowes used to have a small desktop unit that worked well. I also had one from Office Max that didn't work well at all. However, both of those were bought 10 years or more ago, so things are no doubt different now.

I'd try Office Max, Office Depot, et. al.

BobWarfield
12-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I bet you could search patents for a drawing...

Joel
12-09-2007, 08:02 PM
I have a vague recollection also SGW, but I tried several search variations and came up with nothing. Sorry.
I PM'ed a possible solution.

J Harp
12-09-2007, 11:17 PM
The NEMES gazette for Dec. 2002 has a picture of a paper folder designed by Ray Hasbrouck. No description or drawings are given. I couldn't get too much from the picture, but maybe you will get some idea from it.
http://neme-s.org/index.htm

SGW
12-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks Jim. That may be what I'm remembering...I was a member of NEMES for a while.

lynnl
12-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I read (or at least skim thru) all the postings here, and I don't recall ever seeing a thread on a topic like that on this BB.