PDA

View Full Version : Waaay O/T.. Tubes in your ears?

torker
01-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Any of you guys ever had to have these put in? I did a year ago for a fluid buildup. thing fell out last night. No time to go to the doc unless I really need to.
At first I was concerned that my brain would fall out the hole...then I remembered it might be slightly bigger than the hole so it could be awright :D
Will mud daubers build a nest in my head now?
OK..serious..should I go get this looked at or is the hole prolly closed up now? I could feel the tube coming out over the last week..could feel it with my finger the last two days.
Thanks!
Russ

hitnmiss
01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
I'd only have it looked at if you value your hearing.

torker
01-24-2008, 03:37 PM
What hearing?

topct
01-24-2008, 03:47 PM
It might be a good idea to have it looked at, at least.

tattoomike68
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
What hearing?

I never had the tubes but I need them, I had blood gushing from my ear for hours last night.

I was tested at 55% hearing loss in 1999. I read lips now days, if people dont look at me when talking I have no idea what they are saying.

oil mac
01-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Torker, Wish you would stop bragging that your brain wont fall out the hole in your ear, because its bigger, Why do you think the rest of us retards are afraid to shake our heads, our one solitary brain cell, might bounce up and out our ear hole ! :eek: The mud daubers -- They make a nice fashion accessory/pet :D

Stepside
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
When I had tube put in my ears the doctor said that after awhile they would just fall out. As he was one of the doctors to develope the technique I believe him.

Did they work? I drove to the office with the radio playing. Radio went on and off with the ignition key. When I went to go home I jumped in the truck and turned on the key----Holy mother of god---It was loud, I had to turn off the key and then turn off the radio and then I could restart the truck.

matador
01-24-2008, 06:25 PM
My daughter had this done as a child.They are meant to fall out eventually.
In her case it didn't actually help anyway,she's 33 now and partially deaf.
But if you're worried,by all means check with the doc,if for no other reason than to put your mind at rest.

wierdscience
01-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Ya they are supposed to fall out after awhile.

As to losing your mind it's important to remember you can't lose what you ain't got:p or in my case never had:D

Dawai
01-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Supposed to fall out?

So are wires, metal pins holding bone and stainless wood screws.. They do at least if you ride a kicker harley and bag train.

Yes, I still can't get through a metal detector. I think it's the tattoo ink from the 80s.

MickeyD
01-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Both of my daughters had them. I would call your vet because he might want to look. They told me that the only dangers were getting soapy water in them (infection risk) when they fell out and bees moving in. If it was me, I would let him look before I washed my hair, but with the average user age here, I don't think that hair is much of a problem.

meho
01-24-2008, 11:40 PM
The tubes will come out on their own in time. If you are having pain or sensitivity with the ear then you should have it checked out. So the wife unit says.

torker
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
I never had the tubes but I need them, I had blood gushing from my ear for hours last night.

I was tested at 55% hearing loss in 1999. I read lips now days, if people dont look at me when talking I have no idea what they are saying.
Thanks guys!
Mike, I've had REAL bad hearing since I was about 6. Both eardrums burst when I had scarlet fever. Back then...in ranch country the moto was " It's a long ways from your heart..you'll be alright" so I never saw a doc.
I hear better if I can see peoples mouths move as well. LOL! I was in a bar 20 years ago. A friend of mine came in. He'd just got hearing aids. A few more beers and I was trying them sukkers out. Couldn't believe the difference. No..still don't have any, I'm too cheap...eer frugal :D
Anyway..I phoned a nurse and she said they're meant to come out. She figured my brain could maybe fall out that hole as well (funny gurl)

Your Old Dog
01-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't think you need to seek medical attention. Just make sure you don't go anywhere near any moving machinery or drive a car. Might be a good idea to stay very close to the floor to because when those fluid levels build up in your inner ear you're going to go on one wild trip without going anywhere. :wink: