PDA

View Full Version : Phase invertor question

sconisbee
01-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Where does one find relitivly cheap phase invertors in the UK? I guess this might be up Johns street as i know he's done a fair amount of invertor work... currently i dont know power requirments yet..

I've just been offered a cnc bridgy and a cnc lathe (dont know make yet but its only a few years old) what ever you do do not in any way ask me how much they are going to cost me!:D ok you can ask.... but i might not tell:P

aboard_epsilon
01-26-2008, 09:32 PM
THINK, for a cnc bridgy, if your talking about the interact ..you would need a phase converter of at least 7 horse power.

if you are talking bridgy vmc ...........then a 15 hp converter and above is needed .,

also you need three phases plus a neutral for these machines.

for bridgeport vmc machines under 5 years old your taking at least 20000 each

all the best.markj

sconisbee
01-26-2008, 09:47 PM
yeah i was expecting to need at least 15hp im pretty sure he said it was an interact, granted im kinda fuzzy on the details at the moment as i almost fainted when he made the offer heh, im gunna have to look into converter versus moving out into a unit that has 3phase. not sure how old the mill is, hopefully will have more details on monday...as for the cost well i know how much they are worth but im not paying a dime and they are both fully tooled:D .....thats *if* i can find the space and power:mad: ohoh! and its not meant to be a gloat i really would like to know of any suggestions that people might have on solutions to running these things. i'll probably make a proper detailed post when i know more details about the machines, just kinda wanted to get a head start. I already have a nasty feeling im not going to be able to find the room:(

BarryK
01-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Hi Mark

Try Newton-Tesla here: http://www.newton-tesla.com/

I purchased an inverter system for my Mill/Drill about 5 years ago and have been very pleased with it.

The guy that runs the company is very helpful & will answer all your questions - he'll also set all the parameters to your requirements

Highly recommended.....

Cheers
Barry
Essex, UK