PDA

View Full Version : My little score

loose nut
02-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I know some of the members have been showing off the items that they have acquired for free or on the cheap, and we all drool over them, but I finally got a score, even if it is a little one. I picked up a power feed unit, always wanted one but couldn't justify the cost, for my mill/drill (RF30) that was almost unused and has been sitting on a shelf for at least 12 years, for free, and also a set of MT3 drawn-in collets, 1/8 to 3/4 by 1/6th's that I can use on my lathes (brand new in the boxes) also free. Ok now, can somebody give me an attaboy or drool or something!:D :D :D

KiloBravo
02-02-2008, 07:58 PM
attaboy ;)

BadDog
02-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Atta boy! Congrats! Feels great doesn't it!

Sad to say, but I always get a rush on getting a "score", even when I've spent so much time looking that I would been ahead working for $5 an hour and buying at retail, then of course I still have to clean and maybe repair it in the "bargain". ...

darryl
02-02-2008, 10:31 PM
It's a bug- hard to leave it alone. There's a liquidation store too near me and they have a lot of radio shack stock there. Lately the bins have been marked 50 cents, anything in these bins. I just came home with more crap, uh I mean stuff I need. 12v, 1.5 amp ac adapters- miniature toggle switches, all kinds of switches actually- a couple of switchmode adapters, 110 to 220 converters, 220 to 110 converters- can't remember what I got there last week. I picked up some bnc to 255U adapters which it turns out are the perfect source of banana-like connectors. I do have to do some homework on these though to make them do what I want, but that saves me from the expense of finding something decent elsewhere.

Often enough I'm stimulated to do a project because of some material or assembly I find that makes a good starting point.

Oh, and for the electric car, I got some dc motors, 2 for a dollar. Heck, you can darn near see them- about 1/2 inch long and 1/4 inch diameter. :)

IOWOLF
02-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Whoop tee Do. :)

Your Old Dog
02-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Just goes to prove the notion that if you want something long enough it usually gravitates it's way to you! Corngrats!

ptjw7uk
02-03-2008, 09:43 AM
All youve got to do now is use them, I gather the previuos owner did not have much use for them!!!
Go to it!!
Peter

loose nut
02-03-2008, 12:34 PM
They are already in use, the previous owner got rid of the mill/drill years ago and these parts were sitting on the shelf, forgotten. To bad eh!!!

IOWOLF
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
No Photos yet but Its a Acu pro or some such Chinese copy of a Bridgy Head, 2hp 3ph. The nod knuckle didn't come with it, darn it.:p

$100.00

I plan to rig up something for my cincinatti #1 horizonal mill.