PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lucky shot?

wierdscience
02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Close call for this guy-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn0MFqP1js0

tony ennis
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
He won the lottery twice that day. Being hit, and surviving without injury. Both are infinitesimally unlikely.

Boucher
02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
We had a range where the posts for the target frames were really thick walled pipe. We had black celotex for a sun shade on the back of the firing line cover. One riccochet off that pipe put a hole in the celotex about a foot to the right of the shooters head. He was dumb enough to tell us what he had done. He was probably shooting some of the clubs DCM ball ammunition.
It punched about a golf ball sized hole. On a lighter note we put a pair of small red reflectors on the base of a cedar tree as you were leaving the range. That tree was shreadded by people trying to kill the varmet with the shining eyes.

lazlo
02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
We had a long, amusing thread about that video back in December (IIRC).

I used to do silhouette speed shooting with a Ruger Redhawk (.44 Mag), and it was pretty common to get hit with shrapnel.

Dawai
02-04-2008, 12:14 AM
I can remember unloading a 12 guage at a dumpster.. I had on a shiny pattern silk shirt.. I looked down and it was full of holes. I had been shooting the daisy bb rounds.. It was stinging like crazy. No flesh was pierced.. if it had hit me in the face, I was not wearing glasses.

I can remember thinking I wanted to be a fast draw artist.. Till I shot the encyclopedias. oops.. I wonder how many television sets have been shot trying to outdraw Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke? (as it comes on)...

wierdscience
02-04-2008, 08:18 AM
We had a long, amusing thread about that video back in December (IIRC).

I used to do silhouette speed shooting with a Ruger Redhawk (.44 Mag), and it was pretty common to get hit with shrapnel.

Darn,musta missed that one.

wierdscience
02-04-2008, 08:19 AM
I can remember unloading a 12 guage at a dumpster.. I had on a shiny pattern silk shirt.. I looked down and it was full of holes. I had been shooting the daisy bb rounds.. It was stinging like crazy. No flesh was pierced.. if it had hit me in the face, I was not wearing glasses.

I can remember thinking I wanted to be a fast draw artist.. Till I shot the encyclopedias. oops.. I wonder how many television sets have been shot trying to outdraw Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke? (as it comes on)...

I did have a friend who was out shooting paper hung on the back of an old earth mover pan.He said the bullets hitting had a strange sound to them,when he went to go home is when he noticed the side of his pickup had dime sized dents with no paint all over it:D

jcarter
02-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I was shooting benchrest rifle at our club a number of years ago. There was another person shooting falling plates about fifty feet to my right. A piece of shrapnel hit me in the back of my hand just as I was about to squeeze off a shot.It was enough to draw blood but just barely.Luckily it didn't hit me in the eye.The person that "shot me" was so upset about it he resigned from the club. I wasn't upset- it wasn't his fault. The falling plates were shut down until better shielding could be built. Goes to show you how important safely glasses are.