PDA

View Full Version : Bronwen's Birthday

Alistair Hosie
02-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi It's Bronwen's Birthday in a few weeks .

What tools should I buy her???:DAlistair

ptjw7uk
02-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Tin of green paint and a brush!!!!

Peter

oil mac
02-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Difficult one Alistair! Women dont see the beauty in quality tools, I think you have got to buy her a new food mixer or vacuum cleaner or similar item + of course flowers loads of them along with the essential domestic plant, but as it is delivered have at the same time something really extravegant for the workshop off loaded as well, You owe it to yourself- Man cannot live by bread alone he must have nice engineering toys!:D

Al Messer
02-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Do what Wesley Pagdon did on the program "Last of the Summer Wine" Buy her a set of hand initialed Screwdrivers!!

Your Old Dog
02-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Do what Wesley Pagdon did on the program "Last of the Summer Wine" Buy her a set of hand initialed Screwdrivers!!

I won't be doing that. I know where they'd end up and it would hurt like hell :D

Rustybolt
02-07-2008, 09:42 PM
A setup to make beer at home.

barts
02-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Some years ago I gave my wife the router she wanted - a 3 HP Ryobi. She's used it more than I have by a good bit (heh). Tools are good - whether they're cameras, high end knives, kitchen gear, whatever. Encourage her to pursue the things she wants to make/do. For a couple of years Barbie made tiles:

http://smaalders.net/barbie/Blue_Tiles/tiles.html
http://smaalders.net/barbie/Stair_Tiles/stairs.html

We're both looking forward to a plasma cutter...

- Bart

Oldbrock
02-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Get her something that goes from 0 to 200 in 16 seconds. like a bathroom scale

matador
02-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Are you married,Brockley?.If you are,you won't be for long:D.

Mcostello
02-08-2008, 10:41 PM
It's been TOOO long since anyone has suggested thrud's sisters meatloaf. Perfect anvil, won't dent.perfect high temperature alloy as can't be remelted, indigestible so it clears out blockages as it goes and smell bad enough to keep cats and dogs away.

Tim Clarke
02-09-2008, 01:27 AM
Well. Besides Thrud's sister's meatloaf recipie [bless him wherever he may be]
I must recommend a new set of digital micrometers. Given that Bron is getting up in years, and we all know that the eyesight fades as time goes by, eaisily read measuring tools are always a plus. Get 'em for her, you[or her] will never be sorry.

OOOH, sorry, I forgot you're a Scot, maybe a really nice meter stick, preferably with advertising logo. [read:free] Har,har,har.