PDA

View Full Version : Completely O.T. Don't Piss Off A Weldor!

Willy
02-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Interesting pdf, nice guy po'd at local government and uses his talent as a weldor to make his last stand.
The guy showed considerable talent in design and fabrication to make his point. Sometimes diplomacy just doesn't get the point across. I feel sad it had to end like it did. Just found out about this today...

http://www.franksemails.com/misc/marvin_heemeyer.pdf

66glide
02-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Poor bugger....sometimes it can feel like there is no choice!

Alistair Hosie
02-08-2008, 01:44 PM
That's democracy in action :D Alistair

Guido
02-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Only OSHA has ever worried regarding welding fumes which a weldEr breathes, sometimes starting at birth. But I wish he had protected his Cat's radiator a little better-------

Colorado, seems to do something to peoples' minds, air too thin?

How about the dozer operator who pushed a multi-ton boulder over the side of a berm onto oncoming auto traffic? Mom and kids killed. Colorado says, 'An act of nature'. Insurance companies for the state and the construction company: Correct, act of nature---- we can't hear you.

G

aboard_epsilon
02-08-2008, 03:21 PM
there is footage of all that on you tube ..somewhere

all the best.mark

Your Old Dog
02-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Poor bugger....sometimes it can feel like there is no choice!

This is where us old geezers can be more dangerous than one might think. For some, after a lifetime of being made to jump through hoops and pay for others wellfare checks and free health insurance it's not hard to see how some folks can get pushed off the deep end.

We have a case in these parts where a guy got a permit to put in a dump. So now he thinks that permit allows him to gobble up all the countryside adjacent to his permitted property and include it. It may get ugly before its over. The neighbors are all seeing red.

kendall
02-08-2008, 05:29 PM
similar thing to the dump happened up here a while ago, the using the business they pretty much eminent domained some of the more desireable properties in the area, and shut down the company then sold off property at a major profit.

Had a guy in a small town I lived in for a while, had a small pig farm and didn't realy care for it. Wanted to retire and put in a mud run. Neighbors and township didn't want it so kept harrassing him over it. Kept piling on permits,fees, assesment meetings and legal requirements, Finally got fed up and decided that he would increase production and start raising MORE pigs. Didn't take long for the neighbors to start thinking a mud run was a good idea.
I didn't mind I was upwind of the place, so thought it was kind of funny.
that pig farm stink permeates everything and doesn't wash off.

As for the person in the original post, it's just sad that he died.

Ken

john hobdeclipe
02-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Destroying the public library was downright unethical!

Mad Scientist
02-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I wonder if the town’s officials were able to learn anything from this? Such as how to deal with the people that they are suppose to be representing. Somehow I doubt it.
They probably thought if they just pushed him hard enough he would back down and sell, but to their amazement instead he got mad and pushed back. I believe that if more people had his attitude we would have a better country.

Paul Alciatore
02-09-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm almost afraid to say it, but my feelings are with the guy. This eminent domain thing can get real unfair. I personally think that if you own a piece of property you should be able to decide not to sell it. PERIOD. OK, I can see that the state, county, or city may have to have such a thing to build roads and such, but for a factory??? Get real.

But, he did go too far. Didn't he? So why am I smiling?

kendall
02-09-2008, 12:49 AM
I agree, too many people are too well trained and roll over when told.
I'm not trained that way.

ken.

AZSORT
02-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Terrorists are mostly just people that have been pushed too far and have no ethical way of fighting back. Governments need to learn respect for property rights and figure out that a free society is way more productive than a tyranical one.

dang
02-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Here is a video link of "The Killdozer". It's got some sweet music from the old animated "Transformers" movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24n77GgRtrw

Dawai
02-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Local news: another sherriff arrested locally here.
<quote>
PDF: Federal complaint against Hamilton County Sheriff Billy Long

Hamilton County Sheriff Billy Long made his initial appearance in U.S. Magistrate Court today in handcuffs, listening with his head bowed as a judge read extortion, money laundering and gun charges against him.

Sheriff Long was arrested this morning by the FBI on charges he had shaken down local Indian store owners for money and received payoffs for allowing a drug trafficking and money laundering operation between April 2007 and Jan. 24, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Gary Humble.

He is accused of accepting 12 payments totaling $17,400, representing what he was told were payments from the store owners to protect their video poker business and other illegal activity.

He also allegedly received five cash payments totaling $6,550 for allowing the laundering of $625,000 in drug trafficking proceeds, Mr. Humble said during Mr. Long’s brief hearing.

A hearing to determine whether Mr. Long — who is being held in federal custody in an undisclosed location — will be granted bond is set for 2 p.m. Monday.

Sheriff Long was elected in August 2006. He worked in the sheriff’s office for 31 years before retiring to make his bid for sheriff.

for complete details, see tomorrow’s Times Free Press.
<end quote>

The Lafayette Ga. policeman was finally charged with the murder of his wife, this was after he was fired for having explosives in his locker at work. It has been a public fact he bragged about hiding the body, bragged he could and did do it and never would be caught.

Three more Chattanooga Policemen were arrested for extortion.

There is a state patrol living about a half mile from here, in a million dollar home, paid for. Kinda makes you wonder don't it?

My thoughts: Yeah, the government is pretty corrupt. Look at the election.. Gallup poll called me.. I wish I had taped my response to the questions about the candidates.

The recent law changes that a individual's property can be siezed for the "good of the community" was interesting also.

Kinda makes you want to take a bulldozer and ride down to talk to them.

Dawai
02-09-2008, 07:52 AM
6 dead after shooting spree at Missouri town council meeting

Gunman had history with local leaders
By Christopher Leonard
Associated Press
Published: Friday, Feb. 8, 2008 12:54 p.m. MST
2 comments
E-MAIL | PRINT | FONT + -
KIRKWOOD, Mo. — A gunman carrying a grudge against City Hall left a suicide note on his bed warning "The truth will come out in the end," before he went on a deadly shooting spree at a council meeting, his brother told The Associated Press on Friday.

Arthur Thornton, 42, said in an interview at the family's home he knew when he read the one-line note that Charles Lee "Cookie" Thornton was the man who stormed the meeting Thursday night and killed five people before police shot him dead.

"It looks like my brother is going crazy, but he's just trying to get people's attention," Thornton said. The note, which police now have, reflected his brother's growing frustration with local leaders, he said.

Friends and relatives said the dead gunman had a long-standing feud with the city, and he had lost a federal free-speech lawsuit against the St. Louis suburb just 10 days earlier. At earlier meetings, he said he had received 150 tickets against his business.

The victims were identified Friday as Public Works Director Kenneth Yost, Officer Tom Ballman, Officer William Biggs and council members Michael H.T. Lynch and Connie Karr. Flowers and balloons were placed outside City Hall Friday in their honor.

Bob Farr
02-09-2008, 09:09 AM
This one isn't nearly as destructive, but still falls in the category of "don't piss off your local Operating Engineer!"

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/frankenglide/Truckstuck.jpg

Ed Tipton
02-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I once knew of a county official who made the mistake of taking a vacation after having pi$$ed of the owner of a cement truck business.
He returned to find that his vehicle was filled with concrete.
Not sure who first stated that you can't fight city hall, but maybe that time tested statement should be put to rest.:)

torker
02-09-2008, 10:52 AM
LOL! Got me thinkin... how nervous would people get if i bought an old D-7 or so and um... started to "modify" it? :D

Evan
02-09-2008, 11:15 AM
You can own your own land now in China. This guy didn't like what the developers were offering him either.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/03/26/world/26china.600.jpg
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/27/world/asia/27china.html

HTRN
02-09-2008, 01:43 PM
For those who don't know, Israel buys D9 Cats, armor plates them(Done by IMI), and uses them in the "disputed areas" against the likes of Hezbollah, in a largely similar fashion.

This has sparked outrage among Western Progressives, who have started a boycott against Catepillar, which in all honesty, I think is somewhat ridiculous - the kind of people who buy Bulldozers the size and cost of a house, are not the types who are involved with "Humanitarian" causes.

HTRN

oil mac
02-09-2008, 04:24 PM
In the face of big corporations, multinationals,& our so called elected representatives, both at local and government level all over the world these last25 years, it is no wonder the poor guy took such drastic action, All over the world nowadays the individual means less and less!

Dawai
02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I can't figure out why the State farm "katrina" insurance carriers in Mississippi didn't all get hung.

I mean, it wasn't the wind, it was the flood damage caused by the wind.

I changed insurance when I saw that mess. I have travelers insurance now. THEY paid in less than a week when my wife's honda car got totaled. (illegal mexican, no insurance)

wirewrkr
02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Marvin, whatever plane of existance you are on now, My hat is off to you.
You Sir are what I would call a true AMERICAN PATRIOT. Damned few left in this country anymore. I would have proudly held the tools for you while you constructed that monster cat.
Robert

x39
02-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't recall who first said this, but I've always thought there was a lot of truth to it:
"The smallest, most discriminated against minority of all, is the individual."