PDA

View Full Version : My tool museum is nearly complete!

Your Old Dog
02-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Paid through the teeth for these but my patience was running out! I'm glad he quit when he did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250212909781&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

torker
02-09-2008, 01:30 PM
YOD...LOL! That's the funniest thing I've heard this year! "Tool museum almost complete"! It'll never happen. The complete part I mean. Around every corner there is always another tool/machine.
I had a customer drop in yesterday...he saw my machines and asked me if I might be interested in some big old Fairbanks-Moris lathe he has...for $500. It'll have to be pretty bad for me not to drag that home.

bhjones
02-09-2008, 01:52 PM
The other aspect of the collection part of this hobby (for me at least) is the desire to have a complete set. I picked up a Sheldon lathe last year, then a few months latter a nice Sheldon horizontal mill was listed on E-Bay. The mill went cheap and it looks good next to my lathe.

So now I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a suitable Sheldon shaper, just to round out the complete set. Oh, and don't forget all the options for the machines (taper attachments, dividing heads, vertical milling heads, etc, etc).

Alistair Hosie
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Y.O.Dog not too expensive when you consider you got twelve new files that's quite reasonable I would say.Good luck with them all you need is a smashing well painted machine in greeeeeeeeeeeeeen like wotahvgot:DAlistair

ttok
02-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Brett -

I hate to be the bearer of bad news! Sheldon also made arbor presses and machine vises! I have the No. 1 and No. 3 arbor presses from them, and they are very nice. They also made milling machine, shaper and drill press vises. (Also have an 11" Sheldon lathe) The collection of old tools NEVER ends! ps. The Chicago area is where you can find a lot of Sheldon stuff.

A.T.

bhjones
02-10-2008, 03:03 PM
You sir, are an evil man.....

Now I'll have to start watching the Chicago craigslist listings.

Brett -

I hate to be the bearer of bad news! Sheldon also made arbor presses and machine vises! I have the No. 1 and No. 3 arbor presses from them, and they are very nice. They also made milling machine, shaper and drill press vises. (Also have an 11" Sheldon lathe) The collection of old tools NEVER ends! ps. The Chicago area is where you can find a lot of Sheldon stuff.

A.T.