PDA

View Full Version : Engine Valve Reseating Tool

SouthBend9
02-10-2008, 10:18 AM
I have an old valve reseating tool that has replacement blades. There is no name of the MFG. Just sayes it was made in USA. Does anyone have any ideas who made it?
I have the box it is Yellow with Blue print. Describes the product and how to use it but no name of MFG.
I want to find one that has a smaller diameter 45 deg. to go into a c113 ih overhead valvehead. The one I have has a to large to into the dome.

genejohnson
02-10-2008, 10:42 AM
I have a set in a box with numerous shanks to fit into different guides. Believe it or not, mine was made or at least sold by Mongomery-Ward. My set has two different heads, one is 45 degrees and I haven't really checked the angle on the other. I don't want to get rid of mine, I just wanted to suggest that your might be made by the same. Gene

crancshafter
02-10-2008, 10:43 AM
I have one with replaceable bits. For small seats its ok but for larger, on dieselengines its....:eek: Brand: NEWAGE, can post some pic. of it if you like:)
do you have a pic. of your?

Weston Bye
02-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Try here:

http://www.newaymfg.com/frame.htm

I have dealt with these people for 25 years - not as a customer, but as a vendor. I designed and built the control systems for their carbide insert grinders - all still running, some 25 years old.

Good people to deal with.

sidegrinder
02-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Does yours look like this?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k203/sidegrinder/reseater.jpg

The 45 degree cutter is just over 2" at largest diameter. I looked all over the box and parts themselves but couldn't find the name of the manufacturer.

genejohnson
02-10-2008, 01:33 PM
I was going to post pics of mine but apparently I haven't been a member long enough to post pics yet. How long before you have that privilige? Gene

SouthBend9
02-10-2008, 02:00 PM
I can't figure out how to post it yet but it's very similar to your photo but it has reamer blades.

Rookie machinist
02-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Read the sticky by evan at the top of the forums on how to post pics it should answer your questions.

SouthBend9
02-10-2008, 04:41 PM
I would like one that is smaller od to work in c113 IHC headhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg260/560Dennis/th_CubCadet1000001.jpg (http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg260/560Dennis/CubCadet1000001.jpg)

66glide
02-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Does yours look like this?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k203/sidegrinder/reseater.jpg

The 45 degree cutter is just over 2" at largest diameter. I looked all over the box and parts themselves but couldn't find the name of the manufacturer.

Holy smokes...I have one of those!! Mine is made in the USA by a company called "Cross Country". What do you use for replacement discs?? I've been cutting out of wet/dry sandpaper.

SouthBend9
02-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I never seen anydiscs, the blades are high speed steel cutters and I reset with them only then I lap it in with the Zim valve lapping tool fine and very fine grit.

A.K. Boomer
02-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Wes brought up "neway",, those are the kind im familiar with, but they have carbide cutter inserts not HSS. You dont twurl them by a electric unit, You simply apply a little pressure and use a t-handle and do them by hand, thats the way we did them anyways, You can hand-do stellite valve seats and thats really saying something --- although, some of the old air cooled volkwagen exhaust seats were so work hardened that they were actually tougher than the stellites.

66glide
02-10-2008, 08:49 PM
I never seen anydiscs, the blades are high speed steel cutters and I reset with them only then I lap it in with the Zim valve lapping tool fine and very fine grit.

Sidegrinders and mine use replaceable abrasive discs. See pics in posts.

oldtiffie
02-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I was going to post pics of mine but apparently I haven't been a member long enough to post pics yet. How long before you have that privilige? Gene
Hi Gene.

First of all - a sincere welcome.

In answer to your question: from the minute your are registered.

Don't bother about "Seniority" or "Number of Posts" etc. in that regard.

Even as a "New Member" you have exactly the same rights - and obligations - as anyone and everyone else.

Conversely, anyone having a greater number of posts or "Seniority" has no more rights than you do, but many of them have a huge repository of acquired knowledge which they are all too willing to pass on to others.

You don't have to apologise or defer to anyone.

There are some great people on this forum who will listen and advise as necessary.

Get going, post your pics. and participate as an equal among equals.

genejohnson
02-11-2008, 08:42 AM
I notice on some forums that people post comments just to up their number of posts. I try not to post unless I have something to offer or want help from more experienced members. Soooo, my number of posts will not compare with most on the forum. As far as posting pics, I will have to have my son tutor me in that task as I am computer challenged. Gene