PDA

View Full Version : Dumb computer question.

wierdscience
02-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Someone changed the background on my mother's computer (Vista) and now the desktop icons won't display.The desktop still exisits,it just won't display on the background at startup.I have managed to get the desktop to display from the toolbar,but that's it.

Any clues how to fix this?

CCWKen
02-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/restore-missing-desktop-icons-in-windows-vista/

RobbieKnobbie
02-15-2008, 06:47 PM
first make sure the table's level, then indicate the spindle to the table. Take your time and you should get it within .002 TIR.

If that doesn't clear things up, draw pictures of icons on bits of masking tape and slap them all over your screen:D

G Wagner
02-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Right click on the desktop. You should get a menu. Select "view" and you'll get another menu. Check "show desktop icons". That should take care of it.

Gerry

Yankee1
02-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi,
On my computer I follow these steps.

Start, control panel, Display, Desktop, Select background and then select
O.K.
Chuck

wierdscience
02-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys,none of that worked exactly,but Ken's link got me headed in the right direction and I managed to click the right box and it lives again where it's supposed to be.System is now password protected to prevent random stupidity in the future.

Yankee,that's exactly how my system at home works,but this one is different,not better than the old one,but different so it must be better right?That's what MS says and I don't believe it one minute LOL:)

Robbie,is this the system you are using?:p :D