X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carlquib
    • Dec 2001

littlemachine shop grinder?

I have had a tool post grinder on the to do list for quit some time but haven't got there yet. I saw the add on the back of HSM for the one that little machine shop is selling and wondered if it was worth the price? Compared to the prices that I have seen other tool post grinders sell for it looks like a bargain. Anybody tried one yet to see what the quality is like?

-brian
    -brian

Hello, my name is brian and I'm a toolaholic.
  • loose nut
    • Sep 2006

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago, do a search for tool post grinders, there were some good replies.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

• J Tiers
      • Jan 2004

The one thing about TP grinders (aside from don't bother, they are a mess), is getting in to use them on a shorter part.

The LMS TP grinder looks sorta 'clunky" and large to me, in the pictures. I can see it being a problem to use in some situations if it is in fact that way when seen "in person".

The best kind of TP grinder has a wheel that sticks out quite a bit in front of any pulley housings etc, and has the minimum "stuff" near and around the business end. That lets you get in past the tailstock to grind the full length of things right up to the centers.

I have a small Dumore, and even it is a problem to use in some cases.
      CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
      Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
      Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
      I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
      Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
      X