PDA

View Full Version : macona????

torker
02-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm betting you know this... I was using an 14" abrasive chopsaw tonight on my 110V plug on my Trailblazer 251. (Ya.. I know it's lot much)(I've never tried that stunt before) I blew the breaker...lol! I thought these where a reset button. Didn't work. Is there a fuse in behind the plastic nut? I didn't get a chance to work on it tonight but have to fix it in the morning. One plug is ok... one is dead.
Thanks!
Russ

Willy
02-21-2008, 10:51 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/250willy/Image2-1.jpg

Does this help Russ?
I happened to have a pdf of a Trailbazer 251 because at one time I was considering buying one...then I sobered up.;)

Rookie machinist
02-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Damn willy I was just going to load that pdf. Last miller I used was a rental that had thoose small push to reset breakers with the little rubber covers on them.

Willy
02-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Damn willy I was just going to load that pdf. Last miller I used was a rental that had thoose small push to reset breakers with the little rubber covers on them.

We'll tell him I got it from you!:D

torker
02-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks Willy! So they are breakers.... like other welders I've used. (My first blue machine in a sea of red) Dang..that means I musta broke a breaker. The thing won't reset. I was sorta hoping there'd be a fuse in behind or something.

macona
02-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Yep, they are just circuit breakers. They are supposed to stick out about 3/8 to 1/2" when tripped.

Hopefully its just a bad breaker. Use a multimeter to check your 220v outlet and see if you have power there. That is a separate breaker but fed from the same source.

Your Old Dog
02-22-2008, 05:55 AM
You likely already know this Russ but on some breakers (like at the main panel) when they break you have to shut them off and then turn them back on again to get them to set. I only mention this Russ because I've only thrown breakers maybe 3 times in my 61 years. It stumped me everytime because I'd look at the breaker and it looked "almost" normal. It'd be nice if you made the same mistake as the fix is pretty simple:)

torker
02-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Thanks guys! I'll check it out when daylight hits. Too damn cold for that right now (-15C) but the show must go on.
Russ

IOWOLF
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Some times they have to "cool off" before they will reset, prol'y fine now.

Oldbrock
02-22-2008, 10:29 PM
My puter says it's only -2 in Cranbrook now. Must be further east.

torker
02-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Peter.. nope.. I'm west. Live in a cold little valley that only sees the sun for a couple hours a day. Right now Cranbrook (overall) has about 6" of snow left. I have over two feet. The cold really roars down the valley at night.
Well you know what happened... started the welder up early. Still no power in that pluggin. Said to heck with it and went to work.
Got there...started up the welder, the gurl plugged the grinder into the wrong plug (the dead one) and it worked fine. I'm thinking the cold may have it sticking a bit.
Thanks!
Russ