View Full Version : OT kinda : gun repair

02-25-2008, 01:15 PM
i bought a browning gold trigger 20 ga. for very cheap. The reason it was so cheap the vented rib on the barrel was bent and looks as someone with a hammer and chissel tried to fix it.
Is this something that can be fixed or should i look for a new barrel?

Al Messer
02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
If the barrel itself has not been damaged, the rib can be replaced by a good shotgun craftsman.

02-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Are you going to use the gun or show it? The bent rib won't affect the performance of the gun if the barrel is not bent or dented.

Buy a new barrel and leave it in the box. Use the gun with the old barrel and striaghten is as best you can without knocking it loose from the barrel.

When you show the gun put the new barrel on it. If you sell it sell it with the new barrel and throw the old one away.

02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
There is a third option - replace the rib. Brownells sells replacement ribs, but they have to be soldered on..