PDA

View Full Version : Way O.T. (5 day fast)

A.K. Boomer
02-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Im on day two of a 5 day fast, actually there were three prep. days before I started that gradually reduced my food intake to 1/4 on the last day --- now im a day and a half without anything but some apple juice lots of water and some cleansing herbs,
If gonna be rough, Im going to be tip - toeing around here as I cant afford to get into any debates cuz i really dont even have enough brainpower to wipe my own butt (not that i need too).
Be forewarned that I have made some notes when i was in a proper state of mind about the pitfalls of being lured into something and then taking a severe spanking --- I will now be checking these notes before any of my reply's so even if I lose control of my facilities I can rely on my previous thought patterns to which we all know were rock solid in theory and calculated with good deductive reasoning, Just the same I will also be taking note of potentual abusers and when I get better (eat) I will be prepared to deliver swift and severe spankings to all, further more --- The well doer's will also be noted, and if for some reason I dont pull through all tooling will be divided up accordingly, The grand prize of course being the China hoe,

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/AK_Boomer/DSC00111.jpg

Nice aint she? and totally gone through brought up to Boomer specs (sledgehammer worthy)
There is a nice "modified" Kurt 5" and a nice phase II 8" rotary table that go for second and third "suckup" prizes...
There, now that I have no way of knowing who my true friends are I feel like most of you who have children do, once again the universe is temporarely in order... have a nice day

Evan
02-28-2008, 01:05 PM
You're crazy. :p

IOWOLF
02-28-2008, 01:08 PM
You're crazy. :p

ROTFLMAO :p

Wirecutter
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
If I attempted such a thing, I'd first make a little box with a glass front. It would have some kind of microwave mini-meal in it, and a sign that said "In case of emergency..."

-Mark

tattoomike68
02-28-2008, 02:48 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/AK_Boomer/DSC00111.jpg

I dont think I would like that motor poking up into the ceiling. I have seen motors catch fire and shoot flames out the fan end.

thebusdweller
02-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Boomer, why are you doing this? Please explain, Tom

pcarpenter
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Lemme guess...its probably got something to do with the 10 pounds of undigested meat that are in his colon (that's what the cleansing diet folks tell you you have). Of course, *that* is a 10 pound load of crap:D

I went on Metamucil twice a day to counter the effects of being on Omeprazole (Prilosec) for acid reflux since it...well....brought new meaning to the term "Sh1t a brick". Now that healthy bulky fiber will leave you thinking you had some trapped stuff in there. It doesn't run out or cause diarrea or anything. Rather, its more like having swallowed a giant sponge...it just cleans out the pipes without all the misery. Truth is, though, the stuff that comes out whole is not stuff that was in there for years, but stuff that was carried through with the bulk fiber, undigested. It keeps your lower digestive tract healthy without the ill health effects of starvation.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled and hopefully less gross programming:D

Paul

John Stevenson
02-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm impressed.

What with I don't know but I'm impressed.

topct
02-28-2008, 04:47 PM
He is doing this because he has started growing tits and cannot find his testicles.

Alistair Hosie
02-28-2008, 05:11 PM
He is doing this because he has started growing tits and cannot find his testicles.
Something wrong with that ????:DAlistair

A.K. Boomer
02-28-2008, 06:34 PM

Somebody's not going to get a milling machine, Your still eligible for the Rotory table and modified Kurt vise depending on how brutal the others get...

I cant wait till i get to use the word "bequeath"

As in ---- And my precious pristine China Hoe I bequeath unto (insert your name here) ((well not yours - but somebody elses))

Somebody better have something nice to say, Im probably not going to Kack-out --- but what if I did, take another look at the hoe, u know what that gurls worth just in scrap? Dont be foolish, a moment of suckup could yield a staggering 1550LB's... Probably not going to kack for about three more days, I'll make a desision if I start feeling really week (weeker than i do right now so really really week)

mochinist
02-28-2008, 07:24 PM
I have a friend that swears by it(fasting), I'm no medical guy but it doesnt seem to hurt him and he says it makes him feel better, I forget the original reason for him trying it but it wasn't to clean the colon. I've thought of trying it, maybe sometime in the near future, doubt i'll make a thread though:p

darryl
02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Doubt if I'm going to be on the beneficiary list, so --

Steak and eggs! Roast beef! Chinese food! White bread, pasta, gourmet of course, cheese, scallops, crisp golden french fries, Tim Hortons french vanilla coffee! Kentuckki friiiieed chickkkkennnnn. !!

now I feel like a rotton s-it. Hm, I'd like that machine, uh, ok NONE OF THESE THINGS IS GOOD FOR YOU! ? hey buddy :)

For some reason when I was quite young I would decide to eat very sparsely for a few days every now and then. It's hard to see if there's a benefit when you're a young whipper snapper full of go, but maybe it helped. I had a few days a month or so ago that I did just that again, and I think it does help. Somewhere I read that the feeling of hunger we get ( in this part of the world) is just the body finally getting the grip on the last batch of crap that was ingested, not true hunger in the sense that you need to eat something. I'm not sure if I made the transition to that point or not, but after a few days I lost the first feeling and started on the second one. I did drink things during that time though. I'm hooked on this stuff called white cranberry juice, no sugar added.

The usual suggestion is that it's not good to over-consume on anything in particular, but I've drank so much of this now that I should be turning into a grape slash cranberry. There's a lot worse stuff I could be consuming (like Tim Hortons coffee) so the more of this I drink, the less of the other.

I have a friend here who now has to confine his diet due to the potential for him to develop diabetes. It's no easy thing to change eating habits, but I know I'll have to do that as well if I don't want to prematurely become worm food. Time for a serious look at my general health- time for a lot of us to do that.

dewat
02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Dont be foolish, a moment of suckup could yield a staggering 1550LB's... Probably not going to kack for about three more days, I'll make a desision if I start feeling really week (weeker than i do right now so really really week)

Dear Boomer,

I am an avid reader of all your post, I have created a file with ALL of your pearls of wisdom, which I have then printed out and made into a nice shop reference book. I feel in my heart that you are one of the most knowledgeable machinist on the site, no make that THE most knowledgeable.

Sincerely, your devoted student,
Dewat

P.S.

Can I have the mill now, can I, can I, and of course you'll be kind enough to pay the freight, if not I can come up with some more crap, er....ahhh.... make that appropriate praise.

Good luck with the fast.

Jim

Your Old Dog
02-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Boomer, if this is a setup to a joke I'd have to say you out did me ! :D

I did a fast once but I'll never do it again. It was the longest morning of my life!

On a serious note, how quick does ketoacidosis setin? Can it do much damage in 5 days? I don't know, just asking.

JRouche
02-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Fasting??? Hmmm, never tried it but those that I know that have said it was an out of body experience. They did a long ten dayer or something. Started hallucinating and the whole works..

I will get dizzy and hallucinate when I smash my finger with a hammer too. Much quicker so I might recommend that route for folks on a time constraint. JRouche

A.K. Boomer
02-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Very funny stuff, Dewat takes the cake home with his scrapbook, LMAO:)

Although london bridge is now in america (isnt it?) your not getting free shipping, I have made a note to the brothers where the mill will be going if I should shell out a connecting rod bearing, So far that is you, they are keeping in touch daily so as to not let my Dogs get hungry enough to eat me should something go awry cuz after the pig gets the taste of human flesh she will have to be put down...
I feel it important to mention at this time to not let your cravings for new tooling overpower your sincerity as a person of good moral judgment, anotherwords - stop rubbing your hands together wishing for my death, if I sense any of such behavior all bets are off...

Im actually doing this to help clean out the pipes and lymph glands and such -- drinking a ton of water also -- Iv got to say, i do feel week but I feel really good too, dont want to do much cuz i dont have any zip but i also dont feel "bogged down".
many of you blokes could use a little internal cleansing -- heck - S.J's probably walking around with 5 lbs of berrilium in his lungs wondering why his forehead keeps falling into his four jaw (clumsy bastard)

Thanks for letting me start a stupid post, im very bored and the clock is dragging some --- believe it or not im really not hungry anymore, worst day was having to eat 1/4 portions, i was starving...

My mouse is acting up ( I think its lint ) so im going to take it apart right after I google ketoacidoses, Thanks Yod but this is a very proven and i hate to say for some "safe" fast, still i will check it out.

lazlo
02-28-2008, 09:35 PM
A.K., are you fasting to get all that colloidal silver out of your system?

sid pileski
02-28-2008, 10:13 PM
What the heck is the point of your post????
Ot or not.

A.K. Boomer
02-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Geeze I dunno, Humor? got a good laugh from the gang and they kinda cheered me up --- what the hecks the point of yours:confused:

Evan
02-29-2008, 01:59 AM
I would never consider a fast for any reason. I spent a good part of my life slowly starving to death regardless of how much I ate. I was always hungry and my ketones were off the scale which really makes you feel crappy on top of the hunger. I was down to as low as 133 lbs ( I'm 6' 2") in 1986 when I finally figured out that I have gluten intolerance and my digestive system was so trashed I am very lucky it was able to recover. My cholesterol was lower than a starving Biafran. Try fasting for a decade sometime. I know what it is like to be hungry.

That's why I say you are crazy.

NickH
02-29-2008, 08:41 AM
So this is just your common-or-garden variety nut-jobbery then:D
Was there some lead in your silver?
Nick

A.K. Boomer
02-29-2008, 10:45 AM
I know what you went through Ev, your lucky to be alive, I starved also, for about 4 years and there was nothing I could do about it, when I caught the river funk I went from 185 to 150, No where near the comparison of what you had but i do know what its like ------ im not fully back but weigh enough to feel comfortable about it, some of the all time greats recognized fasting as a good way to achieve better health, Thats with a semi-healthy body to start with though...
Think about this - many of mankinds screw-ups are related to going against his evolutionary roots, If its extremely gradual the body will adapt, but what species has evolved on the planet more rapidly and in so many different ways than us? We have literally become an evolutionary firecracker in time, it is my belief that many of the ailments we face today are because we disrespect where we came from,

Examples; You would have to have your head buried in the sand to not recognize the importance of Enzymes, they are the catalyst of life -- without them we are dead within minutes as they are even responsible for simplex breathing exchange functions, Yet out of the millions of species on the planet guess who's the only ones who destroy their enzyme rich food before they eat it, It takes just 117 degree's to kill most zymes, and not many of us take zyme supplements with our food to compensate, we only can produce so much on our own and then actually start to run out, we are limited to the kind needed for all the different foods we eat, but the zymes in that particular food are the very ones needed to help break it down, your typical average american is enzyme exempt at age 27, Its well documented that when this starts to occur good health starts to suffer --- anybody interested in enzymes should read the book "enzymes - the fountain of life"
Professor Max Wolfe pioneered many of the modern day treatments and was also responsible for isolating many of the key players involved in good health.

A quick note on fasting, once again we buck the system of the past, we are born with a spoon in our mouths, from birth to the day we die most of us get three squares a day, Do you think its the way it used to be? not a chance, Is it worth questioning, I believe it is, It took millions and millions of years to come up with our machine, our machine that experienced hunger quite frequently and then it was alleviated almost over night, Im by no means stating I have an answer for anything ------------ But I am looking around at all the sick people I know and im at least asking "what the hell is wrong with us"
Critters in the wild have a few illnesses that take them out, The human race has thousands of diseases...

Its fun to think --- even if your running off of nothing but apple cider.

At the very least I do know how lucky we all are to have food like we do (even though its day three and I still dont miss it much right now) I am looking forward to the all you can scarf china buffet next week (after i ween myself back into eating) Chow...

BobWarfield
02-29-2008, 11:03 AM
It's sad really. Civilization may have nearly perfected food. I certainly don't expect that it will be appreciably better in 100 years, not like the last 100-200 years of improvement certainly.

And yet there is a tragic flaw: if we enjoy it, it will hasten our demise.

I do sometimes wonder about 3 squares a day. Did early man eat 3 squares? Seems doubtful. Feast or famine. Or maybe lots and lots of little meals all day long.

Of course we have no idea whether Early Man felt like ****e all day long either.

Cheers,

BW

Deja Vu
02-29-2008, 11:06 AM
hmmm...
Funny you would post on fasting... it's so WAY OT ! :)

...But I did a lot of it (during my middle years).

As a deck builder I recall hand digging 10 post-holes after nothing but water for twelve days. Another I went 19 days (nothing but water). along the way were numerous stretches of 5, 8, 14, 3, and all in between days with again, nothing but water....albeit those gallon jugs of water kept my cellular structure expanded. :)

All this while functioning relatively normally within society. I mean... people were (without knowing what I was doing) always asking why I wasn't joining them in meals. That was the big departure from "normal" social activities.

..and yes, your imagination runs rampant...to say the least.

Why? ...same question you ask the climber of a mountain.

But you gotta come back down...

The point was to experiment.. to maintain.. while holding that energy within at a steady state of equilibrium....

But alas, I love food too much !

edition.... Oh! and I got married....that put the cabosh on this sort of personal activity...or lack of it.

Evan
02-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Yet out of the millions of species on the planet guess who's the only ones who destroy their enzyme rich food before they eat it, It takes just 117 degree's to kill most zymes,
That was a tradeoff with a big payback. Cooking food kills parasites and people who ate cooked food, especially meat, lived much longer. It also deactivates quite a few poisons such as solanin in potatos. It also makes many polysaccharides edible. It also preserves food so it can be eaten later. It kills harmful bacteria.

Deja Vu
02-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Heh!
since this OT is allowed, let me mention how fasting gives the brain a chance to begin synthesizing those elements normally supplied through the digestive system.

But we humans need many more generations of evolving to fully impliment those abilities.... Yah ! sure! rambling on.....:rolleyes:

A.K. Boomer
02-29-2008, 11:27 AM
No doubt Evan, im in agreement for the most part, I eat meat cooked, but i take a powerful protein digesting enzyme with it, its the best of both worlds,

As far as the Potato thing I totally but respectfully disagree with you -- In fact you chose on of the worst examples with the potato, the potato when heated creates Acrylamide, Acrylamide is an extreme carcinogen to say the least, its also been well documented to cause neurological damage,

"Its primary use is to make polyacrylamide and acrylamide copolymers. Trace amounts of the original (unreacted) acrylamide generally remain in these products. Polyacrylamide and acrylamide copolymers are used in many industrial processes, including production of paper, dyes, and plastics "

Yup, Get the best most pristine organic potato you can find and turn it into something that can kill you -- just add heat:(

A.K. Boomer
02-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Heh!
since this OT is allowed, let me mention how fasting gives the brain a chance to begin synthesizing those elements normally supplied through the digestive system.

But we humans need many more generations of evolving to fully impliment those abilities.... Yah ! sure! rambling on.....:rolleyes:

Ohh your doing a pretty good job with that right now dayja boo:D

Deja Vu
02-29-2008, 11:42 AM
One thing for sure, in a true fast, there isn't time for sitting around. The body needs to be worked and all cells require stimulation through conscious attention.

I recall another little story during an 8 day "water only" escapade..

I was using the "Florida Atlantic universitie's weight room for exercise.
there I was...two gallon jugs of water, half gone, and sweat pouring out after pumping up vigorously for a time...
then walks in one of those professional body builders... I cringe as I never thought I was much to look at... but I had been expanding while he occupied the other end of the room.

In a bit I got a tap on my shoulder from this human specimen (with big handlebar mustache to compliment his body) and he stated how amazed he was at how I litterally forced my body to more immense proportions in such a short time. In short, he complimented me....

Well, yah, that was nice, but as stated earlier in a previous post, "you gotta come back down"...

...so I peed for an hour after as my cell structure returned to "normal". ;)

A.K. Boomer
02-29-2008, 11:54 AM
hmmm...
Funny you would post on fasting... it's so WAY OT ! :)

...But I did a lot of it (during my middle years).

As a deck builder I recall hand digging 10 post-holes after nothing but water for twelve days. Another I went 19 days (nothing but water). along the way were numerous stretches of 5, 8, 14, 3, and all in between days with again, nothing but water....albeit those gallon jugs of water kept my cellular structure expanded. :)

Deja, I must have missed this first post of yours -- my hat if off as you are a zen master! I cant imagine 19 days with water (you kinda are crazy:p )

I also cant imagine putting out the kind of horsepower you talk of -- i was told just to chill?

Deja Vu
02-29-2008, 12:05 PM
basically, it's taking "visceral learning" and all it encompasses to the nth degree.

...controlling one's emotions...facing fear.

pcarpenter
02-29-2008, 12:24 PM
...controlling one's emotions...facing fear.

Don't forget "damaging one's heart and brain".

Our muscles, including our heart, are made up of protein and your body will go rob it if its not getting some from the outside. You can also do damage by totally screwing up your electrolyte levels.

Here we go again with more unhealthy living in the name of healthy living.

Did I hear a duck? Quack Quack!

Paul

A.K. Boomer
02-29-2008, 12:47 PM
PC, I can only speak for myself and what im doing as fairly safe, Yod's mention of ketoacidosis made me double check wiki for what its about, if we dont take anything but water we start to break down fat, when the liver processes fat there is a high acidic responce, if nothing else is introduced it can accumulate and certain damages could result, But im running off of apple cider which has simplex carbs so as not to dip into fat reserves only, plus I dont have breath that is fruity (except right after drinking the apple cider) or smells like paint thinner (one of the symptoms)

As far as Deja doing the wrong thing I dont think anybody could go that long without knowing what their doing (he also seems sharp as a tack and uses big words that I dont understand :o I.E. I dont think the guy cooked his bean counter:rolleyes: )

Deja Vu
02-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Don't forget "damaging one's heart and brain".

Our muscles, including our heart, are made up of protein and your body will go rob it if its not getting some from the outside. You can also do damage by totally screwing up your electrolyte levels.

Here we go again with more unhealthy living in the name of healthy living.

Did I hear a duck? Quack Quack!

Paul
I'm not advocating this stuff... and yes, you CAN, or MAY screw something up. No matter what someone does in any field, there will be someone who says it's bad. Our lifelong habits certainly dictate how our endlives will be conducted.
...but I'm not quacking.... I have nothing to sell other than material objects.;)