PDA

View Full Version : Change of Email Address

rws
02-28-2008, 05:56 PM
I recently changed my email address, and went to each forum I frequent, including this one, and changed my address via the "User CP". However, there seems to be a software glitch. Each forum has stripped me from posting or replying. I sent an email to this moderator, and within hours I was back in biz! THANK YOU!

However, I can't say the same for the other forums, emails and/or private messages have been sent without action, yet. Maybe someone can provide some info as to why this happens, and save others from problems.

jacampb2
02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Did you check the email at the new address? Chances are good that you have to click a link sent to the new address to validate the account. You had to do it when you first signed up, it is a somewhat useless safeguard to prevent spammers.

Later,
Jason

rws
02-29-2008, 09:36 AM
It seems that with this software, they don't send the confirmation email, since you have to enter your password to change the address anyway. There are two other forums that have not responded to emails or PM's to fix the problem.

Carld
02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
That must be an issue for those that change their email address every 6 months or so. I have only changed my email address once since 1990 and the only problem was with PayPal. I finally convinced them do it and my old one is still in my history there and can't be removed according to them. It was a nightmare getting it changed at PayPal.