View Full Version : Need help finding graduated scale.

03-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi all. Been a way for some time and I am heading south in a week but I need to get a line on a company that may sell some type of vinyl, adhesive backed graduated tape. Must have good adhesion for painted metal. Marks need to be in 1/8 " increments. The tape needs to be 3/8" wide by 1 1/2" High. It needs to be quite rugged where the marks do not rub off easily.

I have no clue what wording to use to search by. I tried a few searches that did not give me any positive results.

Anyone here know of any company I can check with?

03-07-2008, 12:56 PM

www.leevalley.com has a couple of vinyl stick on scales but they're not exactly what wanted.

Some guys print a scale up on the computer, laminate it and use it that way. That might get you by.


03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
McMcaster-Carr also lists something like that. Not sure about the exact widths/heights that they carry though. Check their website and search on
"adhesive backed measuring tape".


03-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Check this thread.


03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
These folks probably have what you need:

Lynn Standish
03-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Try your local fabric or sewing shop. I got a peel and stick tape measure from one a couple of years back. this one was heavy duty paper, but I have seen thin metal ones also.

03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
www.reidtool.com has a selection of stick-on graduated tapes.

03-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks fellas. I will check these out. I will need to buy quantity so manufactured is a must.

Cool beans, I will be sure to bookmark all these.