PDA

View Full Version : This guy working in any of your shops?

Your Old Dog
03-09-2008, 10:51 AM
How'd you like to be this guys boss? Could be as honest as the day is long but sure smells like a rat in the woodpile to me! I'll bet this guy has a lunch bucket to end all lunchbuckets :D

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/tls/590464073.html

wierdscience
03-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't know,I work in a industrial supply/jobshop and also have tons of stuff like that at home,but it didn't come from work unless I bought it fair and square.

In the world of packrats that's only a dresser drawer full of stuff:D

Now if it were all new,then I would be suspicious;)

EDIT TO ADD:

Heck,just looking around my computer I have some Quickswitch collet chucks,a NIB Harris inline machine torch,some aircraft drills(10lbs of them) and about 65 or 70 acme thread taps,and that's just laying around the computer,haven't looked in the drawers in this desk in a couple months:D

Better question is why after all these years you have been posting here and you are still only a third degree green belt packrat:D

A.K. Boomer
03-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Nuthin like jumping to contusions Yod, Lets not track him down just yet as I want a little more proof before we build the fire under the stake he's anchored to:rolleyes:
Id be much more suspect of some bloke trying to get rid of 1,500 1/2" endmills,,, not every day someone puts a Yuasa index head or a kurt vise in his pocket and walks out of the work place without it "missing"

Please show a recent non-manipulated pic of your foil hat as we need to inspect it for holes ---- (nuthin but Luv --- you know that:p )

J Tiers
03-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Anyone with 70 Acme thread taps around obviously needs to dispose of a few to some deserving brothers.......

wierdscience
03-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Anyone with 70 Acme thread taps around obviously needs to dispose of a few to some deserving brothers.......

I didn't say how many of those where 3/4-9+.005":D

A.K. Boomer
03-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't know,I work in a industrial supply/jobshop and also have tons of stuff like that at home,but it didn't come from work unless I bought it fair and square.

(nice cover --- just in case the boss is viewing:) )

Your Old Dog
03-09-2008, 11:41 AM
You're right Boomer. The guys probably a preacher or something like that. Like I said, the guy could be as honest as the day is long, maybe it's just that I've been in the cynical business too long with a guy we suspected of eBaying our tools we needed to work with. We once had a $5,000 tripod stollen out of the garage before it was even assigned to anyone. When I see a post that unusual it frequently causes me to pause! I shouldn't have indited the guy without knowing who or where he is :D

but I still smell a rat in the woodpile!

A.K. Boomer
03-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Understood, but just to put us at ease please post recent pic of hat, this time flip it over so we can make sure the inside is lined also --- were not as concerned anymore with the mixed signals that could get in as much as we are concerned with the "containment" factor :D (your a good sport YOD:p (( You know i woudnt pic on you if i dint like ya)

JRouche
03-09-2008, 12:56 PM
but I still smell a rat in the woodpile!

No rat.. He is this guy, I think???.. I laughed when I saw the Craigslist picture cause I have been watching this BH.. Prolly too big for me. I want the #3 size... JRouche

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330217941685

JCHannum
03-09-2008, 01:37 PM
It is probably a guy who went to an auction looking for a Bridgeport, and got out bid only to end up with a lot of other stuff. It happens.

A.K. Boomer
03-09-2008, 01:53 PM
You're right Boomer. The guys probably a preacher or something like that.

I missed that part --- Now youv got me worried...

IOWOLF
03-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Well if anyone has some Light Machines quick switch tooling for the R-8 I would be interested, No Questions asked. :)

Your Old Dog
03-09-2008, 07:32 PM
I missed that part --- Now youv got me worried...

No need to worry Boomer! That was just bringing the sword back in the other direction to set it up for the next swipe :D Like we used to say in the Army, if we didn't like you we'd just ignore you and not kid you !!

Now, who was it that wanted to see my hat again?

http://raymondswan.com/dp/tinfoil%20hat.jpg