PDA

View Full Version : variable frequency motor and adjustable speed motor

flyingjim
03-17-2008, 10:15 AM
I have aquestion:
If the'variable frequency motor' and 'adjustable speed motor' are meaning the same model of motor?

PS:
I have got the answer that's" VFD adjustable speed motor "

dated 08/04/06

JCHannum
03-17-2008, 11:21 AM
You claim to be an industrial motor supplier, yet you ask a very basic question regarding industrial motors. It kind of brings your expertise into question.

I think you should go away for a while.

NickH
03-17-2008, 11:43 AM
I think he's looking for a propper translation from Chinglish to English but without setting out the question clearly enough,
Nick

smiller6912
03-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Don't go away mad............
Just go away!

NickH
03-18-2008, 04:35 AM
Go away,
And stay away?:D

Peter N
03-18-2008, 04:48 AM
I have aquestion:
If the'variable frequency motor' and 'adjustable speed motor' are meaning the same model of motor?

No No No. they are quite different things!

Variable frequency means it doesn't matter how many times a day you use the motor, but an adjustable speed motor means that you can make it fast or slow depending on how quick you pedal and what gear you are in first.

:D

flyingjim
03-18-2008, 09:20 AM
You claim to be an industrial motor supplier, yet you ask a very basic question regarding industrial motors. It kind of brings your expertise into question.

I think you should go away for a while.

You see, i just dont know the differences of these words in english.
Our motors are changing their speeds through changing the frequency of input power by transducer.
So we think that is 'variable frequency motor', but i find that except 'variable frequency motor' there is also 'adjustable speed motor' in google.
I just wants to know which one is correct or much suitable.

flyingjim
03-18-2008, 09:22 AM
No No No. they are quite different things!

Variable frequency means it doesn't matter how many times a day you use the motor, but an adjustable speed motor means that you can make it fast or slow depending on how quick you pedal and what gear you are in first.

:D

You can change the frequency of input power by transducer to adjust the speed of motor.
not by the gears

flyingjim
03-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I think he's looking for a propper translation from Chinglish to English but without setting out the question clearly enough,
Nick

you are right

torker
03-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Ahhhsooo...Hey!! Flying Jim...I've got a good idea! Why don't you take a rope...tie one end to foot...tie other end to large boulder...throw large boulder in lake...let boulder drag you down to bottom...cuz you see...we don't give a Flying Fu#& about your motors.

tattoomike68
03-18-2008, 09:55 AM
adjustable speed motors are handy for when you have a puppy cooking on the BBQ spit.

YUMMY!

JCHannum
03-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Flyingjim, you are advertising on this site, and that is not acceptable. If you wish to find out information about the goods you are selling, I suggest you look on a forum dedicated to electric motors.

flyingjim
03-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Ahhhsooo...Hey!! Flying Jim...I've got a good idea! Why don't you take a rope...tie one end to foot...tie other end to large boulder...throw large boulder in lake...let boulder drag you down to bottom...cuz you see...we don't give a Flying Fu#& about your motors.

AFTER YOU!

rdfeil
03-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Torker,
Why waste a good boulder :rolleyes: A couple of buckets of chips might be better :D

sch
03-18-2008, 11:19 PM
I have aquestion:

"little bit" of jingoism reflected in prior postings :) My opinion is that variable
frequency should reference the power supply more than the motor.
3phase AC motors are designed to operate at 50-60 hz but can be driven
at lesser or greater frequencies by an appropriate power supply within the
acceptable range of the motor windings, bearings and heat handling.
If the motor is designed to be driven by a variable frequency AC inverter
the designation would be inverter grade 3 phase motor. Adjustable speed
motor could be 3 phase AC with inverter drive, universal motor or DC motor.
It does not distinguish and includes all three, plus a few other motor types
less commonly found.

flyingjim
04-06-2008, 06:15 AM
yes,if you driving the universal motor below 20Hz or above 80Hz, it will overheated in a shortime.
But special designed 4poles motor can be driven by a frequency transducer from 2Hz to 150Hz, that's from 60rpm to 4500rpm.

flyingjim
04-06-2008, 10:26 AM
"little bit" of jingoism reflected in prior postings :) My opinion is that variable
frequency should reference the power supply more than the motor.
3phase AC motors are designed to operate at 50-60 hz but can be driven
at lesser or greater frequencies by an appropriate power supply within the
acceptable range of the motor windings, bearings and heat handling.
If the motor is designed to be driven by a variable frequency AC inverter
the designation would be inverter grade 3 phase motor. Adjustable speed
motor could be 3 phase AC with inverter drive, universal motor or DC motor.
It does not distinguish and includes all three, plus a few other motor types
less commonly found.

thank you steve