PDA

View Full Version : poor David

Alistair Hosie
04-05-2008, 01:13 PM
My poor friend Dave Smith is dead "as you know". He was like a brother to me may god rest his soul.In a way I became very unhappy with the discomfort he was in, and it's maybe a blessing in disguise as his eyesight his liver kidneys etc were all letting him down .I know he had his faith in the almighty and this was a great source of strength to him he is in my prayers often.God Bless him Alistair

wierdscience
04-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Damn sorry to hear that Alistair,Dave was a good bud he will most definately be missed.

Joel
04-05-2008, 02:22 PM
If you haven't seen the other thread yet Darin, Russ posted this:

"(Thrud) passed away Nov 11th at 6:45pm, a day after his 49th birthday while eating his favourite supper."

Jim Caudill
04-05-2008, 02:22 PM
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=28507

wierdscience
04-05-2008, 02:27 PM
If you haven't seen the other thread yet Darin, Russ posted this:

"(Thrud) passed away Nov 11th at 6:45pm, a day after his 49th birthday while eating his favourite supper."

Just noticed it Joel,what my grand dad always said is true,the older a man gets get the more friends he says goodbye to.

Alistair Hosie
04-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I know he was a good friend to you too Darin he spoke to me often of you and many more here.What you say is true I am 56 and have seen both my brothers buried in the last few years.Virtually every few months another friend dies so what your dad said is so correct.Dave spoke of his friendship with David coffer whom he and I both admire so much for being such a nice guy.anyway he's gone poor soul. I will phone his flatmate also called Dave and see if I can get a photo of him to put beside my other pals here by my computer.kindest regards Alistair